Discussion topic: Router issue

This message was authored by Cerixox This message was authored by: Cerixox

Router issue

Hi guys, ive had an engineer out today due to tests shoowing speed was between 2.6 and 6.4 mbps, hes come out changed socket, re run trsts now showing as 38mbps from router lead into his diagnostic tool, ive run test whilst he was here from my phone and said 5.3mbps, cant load anything on web and even forestick or alexa does t work, all of which shown to engineer, hes suggested theres a fault with router throughput signal into actual home snd to get a new router sent out, anyone know i can order a replacement?? Thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Router issue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Cerixox there is something odd going on and is notvclear that a new hub will definitely cure the issue but I have escalated your post to the Sky team who support the forum who should be in touch soon to offer you a private chat session to get this sorted. Keep an eye onnthe forum as if you miss the message just click the chat icon which will be added to the forum pages for you to use.saving a long phone call.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to @Cerixox.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Adore1 This message was authored by: Adore1

Hi, the same thing has been happening to me for the last 3 days. I thought it would fix itself but it never has. It drops in and out. Right now it's fine, but in the next few minutes, broadband could be down again. I've already scoured the Sky site for contact information and they make it INCREDIBLY difficult for a customer to get in contact with an actual real human being. Even the 'contact us' section DOES NOT actually have a REAL way to make contact with Sky, which is mind blowing. You get directed to articles, 'solution' options that don't apply and this forum. I've spent the last of my 70p on a call to Sky before it completely cut off because..no more credit. and no, I do not have an actual physical landland phone so I can call Sky with that. I only have my mobile on pay as you go credit. I have no way (except for now this as my last resort) to contact SKy TO THEN HAVE THEM get in contact with me because I have no more credit and cannot afford more. Severe frustration doesn't even begin to describe this entire issue. It shouldn't be this difficult, yet it is.

Can someone real, a real human, not an AI chatbot, that works for Sky, please contact me, so I can give them my mobile, so I can finally get the ball rolling with fixing this issue. Get an engineer out to my flat seems to be the solution, or a new router. Someone please, like that other guy in this post, have someone contact me in person. Please.

Thank you. 

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Adore1 

Your post has been escalated to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.

Just look out for the chat bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Adore1 This message was authored by: Adore1

The chatbox popped up a bit ago and waiting for a response. Thank you!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion