Discussion topic: Router Password

This message was authored by Paul379 This message was authored by: Paul379

Router Password

I have changed the password on the router as someone is using it we don't want on. I restarted the router and everything is still connected without putting it in the new password so that's confused me, what's the point in changing a password to sign everything out when everything still connects on the old password, so the user we want off still can connect. Can anyone offer any advice ?

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Router Password

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Paul379 

Have you changed the password to access router settings or the wifi password

What device is connecting that you don't want connecting?

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Paul379
Topic Author

Hi 

Thanks for your response.

The change password in the 192.168.0.1 settings. I thought this would change the WiFi password? I didn't see an option to change the passkey.

Cheers 

P

Paul379
Topic Author

Apologies it's a neighbour who is using it.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Paul379 

Once you log onto the router go to wifi along the top of the menu and if the wifi band are sychronise go into the 2.4ghz settings and change the password there .  If not synchronised go to each wifi band and change the password individually

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Paul379
Topic Author

I found this, but it won't let me edit anything it's all greyed out?

@Paul379 

Which hub do you have?

If its a black one you should be able to click at the end of the password , backspace to delete and type the new one in

@Paul379 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband-Talk/How-to-change-your-Sky-Wi-Fi-password/ba-p/2673599

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion