Discussion topic: Packet loss during gaming

This message was authored by Patoo7777 This message was authored by: Patoo7777

Re: Packet loss during gaming

Patoo7777_0-1670365303646.png

Ive been having issues last 2 nights on a wired connect in WoW with my ms sitting 70 home 70 world when its usually mid 20s. Anyhting in the above table to indicate an issue?

This message was authored by Carl78 This message was authored by: Carl78

Same here guys, its bonkers, I'm trying to get geforcenow working and theres too much packet loss, I've tried 2 ethernet cables, resetting the router (hold down for 15 seconds) and various things to no avail, this is 100% the poor router!  Never had issue like it in the past, gutted that I signed up for Sky just because we moved and there was no fibre, I get 40 meg speed which is reasonable, the ping is super good so how on earth do the packets drop so much, really weird.

It was even an improvement when using wifi 5....the old ac wifi 5 is out of date now and ax wifi 6 is ready but they aren't even rolling this out to the general public, they wont sent to my area even though I'm having these issues.

I would very much like to leave at this juncture, not sure what to do in this situation, I'm contracted until december sadly, perhaps I could order a router from amazon but not sure exactly how to set things up after this point and not sure why I should have to either really

This message was authored by GonzoGB87 This message was authored by: GonzoGB87

Same for me competitive gaming is not possible with sky broadband it seems

Last night I was downloading from

2 PCs and still able to stream to the oculus vr and play with no lag but when it comes to geforcenow it just says about packet loss none stop, very weird, I've just had a replacement router so will let you know how it goes 

Okay new router came and did nothing all the same an engineer is coming out soon however 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Carl78 wrote:

the old ac wifi 5 is out of date now and ax wifi 6 is ready but they aren't even rolling this out to the general public, they wont sent to my area even though I'm having these issues.

Sky released a WiFi 6 Hub in July, as part of an extra-cost subscription add-on.  It is not area-specific, but they are very unlikely to supply it at no cost as a possible solution to connectivity issues.

https://www.skygroup.sky/article/Sky-Broadband-releases-its-most-powerful-WiFi-yet 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

It's area specific, engineer visit didn't help, need fttp time to move home! xD

Yep ditch sky basically, try another provider that maybe provides better routers, wifi 6 as a minimum but ideally get on fibre cable 

It is area specific and nope I couldn't pay for it or add it on as a service

in any case I don't believe it would help either, unless it's fibre nothings going to help by looks 

sky isn't designed for gaming I doubt 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion