Discussion topic: No internet in the evenings. Sky Ireland

This message was authored by Pat242 This message was authored by: Pat242

Re: No internet in the evenings. Sky Ireland

Great job @Jogarty  well done. Hopefully this evening we'll see no drop off in services from Sky Fibre. Fingers crossed they have addressed their problems. 

This message was authored by akos This message was authored by: akos

Good stuff. Now if only they could give this same information to their own customer support teams as well, so that they don't tell people to take selfies with their modems or to buy Wi-Fi boosters when the issue  is  obviously not on our end...

Jogarty
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jogarty This message was authored by: Jogarty

Taking selfies with their modems 😂 It's actually such a joke.

This message was authored by EoinC This message was authored by: EoinC

for anyone still planning to port to another service, despite this new assurance that the issue is resolved - recommend putting up with the hold music and calling the loyalty team, as opposed to using the Whatsapp message function...

My experience was to go round and round for an hour over Whatsapp as they refused to acknowledge that I'd reported the issue previously and refused to waive the termination fee.

Whereas the phone team sorted it out in 5minutes and were utterly pleasant.

Exactly why couldn't Sky Ireland just issue a communication on their social pages, or inform customers when they complain about the problems that they are actually aware of the issues. Some sort of feed back would prevent some of the frustrations surely at least? 

This message was authored by EoinC This message was authored by: EoinC

@Pat242 that's the one but of feedback I begged them to pass on. I've been a Sky customer in some capacity for 15years, and have found the broadband services to be excellent except for this past fortnight, and had they just communicated the issue, I'd have stuck it out and I'm sure many other would have

@EoinC  It's mind boggling really, as im

fully sure they could be spending their time doing something more productive then asking people for pics of their modems. And it shouldn't take @Jogarty  to go to the level that they did to make contact with the top brass to get a response & an explanation. Anyway we'll

see what this evening brings!!

This message was authored by JjOkane This message was authored by: JjOkane

All ok last night. Tonight is anyone's guess.. 

Jogarty
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jogarty This message was authored by: Jogarty

No issues last night thankfully!

No drama here either last night, but overall it's still only about half as slow as it used to be. It rarely reaches 500 Mbps on the wire, and is usually below 400. (I know, first world problem, and they only guarantee 100, but I'm paying for 1000, and it used to reach 800+)

This message was authored by RocketMan111 This message was authored by: RocketMan111

Hi @akos @is that speed of 500 all day long it in the evening ?

Pretty much all day long, it's 344 Mbps now for example. I'll take a look in the evening as well.

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...

Testing from Sky Broadband (51.186.96.244)...

Retrieving speedtest.net server list...

Selecting best server based on ping...

Hosted by Quickline Communications (Barnsley) [47.43 km]: 35.096 ms

Testing download speed................................................................................

Download: 344.71 Mbit/s

Testing upload speed......................................................................................................

Upload: 100.19 Mbit/s

This message was authored by lDanny This message was authored by: lDanny

I cancelled due to how bad customer support is, had to pay €153 because I couldn't get anywhere but just glad to be out. The funniest thing is customer support asks you to give them 9s/10s even when they don't listen or go off script. 

I think I said this yesterday but looks like my comment was deleted by Sky

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion