Discussion topic: No internet in the evenings. Sky Ireland

This message was authored by BigFaceSmallNose This message was authored by: BigFaceSmallNose

Re: No internet in the evenings. Sky Ireland

23_09_2024.png

 this afternoon

1900.png

this evening 

shocking

This message was authored by akos This message was authored by: akos

Yep back to square one for me as well (Greystones)

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...

Testing from Sky Broadband (51.186.96.244)...

Retrieving speedtest.net server list...

Selecting best server based on ping...

Hosted by TNP Ltd. (Manchester) [3.53 km]: 575.993 ms

Testing download speed................................................................................

Download: 5.36 Mbit/s

Testing upload speed......................................................................................................

Upload: 5.38 Mbit/s

This message was authored by DannyW2 This message was authored by: DannyW2

Yeah I held off on cancelling when it seemed like it was fixed but now I think I'm going to follow up on that

This message was authored by akos This message was authored by: akos

And it's only getting worse...

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...

Testing from Sky Broadband (51.186.96.244)...

Retrieving speedtest.net server list...

Selecting best server based on ping...

Hosted by Exascale (Manchester) [3.53 km]: 1223.962 ms

Testing download speed................................................................................

Download: 1.05 Mbit/s

Testing upload speed......................................................................................................

Upload: 2.94 Mbit/s

Jogarty
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jogarty This message was authored by: Jogarty

Hi Chloe - it's happening again for everyone. What's going on?

Jogarty
Topic Author

This message was authored by JjOkane This message was authored by: JjOkane

Down again in enniskerry 

This message was authored by EoinC This message was authored by: EoinC

Yeah I've given up on them, sign up back up with Vodafone. Absolute joke the lack of communications nd transparency when it's a known issue

1000046813.jpg

This message was authored by Jack_2300 This message was authored by: Jack_2300

Speeds as slow as ever tonight in Delgany. Speedtest app is even failing to run.

IMG_5067.png

This message was authored by CupawnTae This message was authored by: CupawnTae

Actually seems to be grand in Naas this evening.

Also interesting is there doesn't seem to be a difference in routing (at least before hitting the slowdown) between now and a bad evening...

Tonight...

% traceroute 1.1.1.1
traceroute to 1.1.1.1 (1.1.1.1), 64 hops max, 40 byte packets
 1  192.168.2.1 (192.168.2.1)  1.855 ms  0.579 ms  0.437 ms
 2  192.168.0.1 (192.168.0.1)  1.591 ms  1.566 ms  1.396 ms
 3  * * *
 4  ip-89-200-134-49.ov.easynet.net (89.200.134.49)  7.351 ms  7.231 ms  6.604 ms
[...]

Previously...

3  * * *
 4  ip-89-200-134-49.ov.easynet.net (89.200.134.49)  484.548 ms  1063.182 ms  946.786 ms

Sky Q 2TB, Q090.000.71.00L

@CupawnTae are you saying we're all a bit slow in Wicklow? 🙂 

This message was authored by BigFaceSmallNose This message was authored by: BigFaceSmallNose

Screenshot 2024-09-23 212740.png

worth the money !

This message was authored by wherescolly This message was authored by: wherescolly

I rang Sky this morning to report the issue again, I told them I was not paying and got a Service Disruption credit on my bill starting from September 10th to whenever the issue is resolved. When the issue is deemed fully resolved, I will get an SMS confirming it's resolved, at which point I start paying again. I suggest everyone does the same

Jogarty
Topic Author

Hi everyone - I contacted the Operations Manager and the CEO of Sky Ireland on LinkedIn. I sent them links to this forum as well as the Irish Times article and asked them if they are aware of the issue. 

---

My message:

Hi JD,

Hope you're well. I hate to contact you so directly over LinkedIn for something like this, but I'm honestly at my wits end with Sky Customer Service and I can't get a transparent answer from anyone.

Are you aware of the ongoing disruption to service that many of your broadband customers are facing in the Wicklow area and further? There is a forum on the Sky Community website that I started over two weeks ago that now has over 130 replies from other customers and over 1,200 views.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/No-internet-in-the-evenings-Sky-Ireland/td-p/4748886

I signed up to Sky broadband 3 weeks ago. For the last 2 weeks my broadband has dropped to less than 1Mbps every evening from 8pm to 11pm. It then goes back up to the normal 500Mbps.

I've spent hours on the phone to Sky customer service going through the usual troubleshooting and script, and nothing has been done. The issue temporarily resolved over the weekend just gone, but resumed again last night.

You have a lot customers, including myself, who have been left in the dark and not given any real, human, customer service and insight into what the problem is and when it is going to be fixed.

Are you aware that this has even been reported in the Irish Times? https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/2024/09/18/my-ip-address-reads-as-being-in-croydon-sky-customers-...

I don't want to leave Sky. I took time off work to get a dish and broadband installed. I like the set up. I'm happy with the price. I just want it to work!

Again, hate to do things this way and cross personal life with business - but the customer service I've received so far has left me with no other choice.

I really hope to get a response that gives insight into the issue and when it will be resolved.

Thanks. 

----

response on behalf of JD Buckley (CEO Sky Ireland)

Dear ___,

I hope this message finds you well. I’m reaching out on behalf of our CEO JD Buckley following your recent contact.

We are aware of an issue that impacted some customers in Wicklow and Kildare, which resulted in slow speeds during the evening. This was due to an upgrade by one of our infrastructure partners. A fix was implemented on Thursday, 19th September, and we initially observed no further issues. However, on the evening of the 23rd, our monitoring systems detected a further issue that resulted in low speeds in Wicklow again. Our networking teams worked to resolve this by 10 PM that same evening.

At this point, we believe the issue has been fully resolved, but to ensure stability, we will continue to closely monitor the situation this evening.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this has caused and truly appreciate your patience as we work to ensure the service remains stable moving forward.

We are happy to call discuss this further with you or indeed follow up tomorrow to support once we have had the opportunity to monitor tonight.

Best regards,
James
Sky Executive Support Team

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion