Discussion topic: No activation and No ONT Box

This message was authored by Goodrockin This message was authored by: Goodrockin

No activation and No ONT Box

Joined Sky about a month ago after having issues with another supplier, Basically I have reported that I have no ONT box in my house, Openreach systems say I do, I moved in about three months ago so I am guessing the previous owners must of taken the equipment with them.

During the set up I have told SKY about the missing ONT many many times but I am told I have to wait for my line to be activated before anything can be done. My activation date was yesterday and lo and behold nothing activated, I have called Sky again today to be told I have to wait 5 days, I have asked them again to tell Openreach about my missing ONT but they apparetnly cant tell them???? I have been without the internet for over three months now, No one will listen to me!!!!!!!!

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: No activation and No ONT Box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Goodrockin .

Is there evidence of an optical fibre inside the property?  This will typically have a side-latched green jack plug.

modem.jpg

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Goodrockin
Topic Author
This message was authored by Goodrockin This message was authored by: Goodrockin

No, nothing apart from an old mk4 master socket

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Goodrockin 

Unfortunately that might suggest Openreach records are incorrect, which would certainly complicate things.

What does the BT Wholesale Availability Checker say for your address?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion