Discussion topic: Lost Internet @ 1am yet sky.com says its okay. Guaranteed superfast not working reading says 50 min

This message was authored by Babajo This message was authored by: Babajo

Lost Internet @ 1am yet sky.com says its okay. Guaranteed superfast not working reading says 50 min

Lost Internet @ 1am yet sky.com says its okay. Guaranteed superfast not working reading says 50 min should be 58. Modem unit rebooted, orange light in centre. Rebooted several times but Internet connection not returned. I need Internet for Diabetes sensor readings but URGENT REPAIR OF SYSTEM NEEDED. Currently not what guaranteed please check area etc and fix it asap

All Replies

This message was authored by Lisa787 This message was authored by: Lisa787

Re: Lost Internet @ 1am yet sky.com says its okay. Guaranteed superfast not working reading says 50

I have the same problem
This message was authored by Shan14 This message was authored by: Shan14

Re: Lost Internet @ 1am yet sky.com says its okay. Guaranteed superfast not working reading says 50

Just happened to me as well at 1am 

This message was authored by Abi9204 This message was authored by: Abi9204

I have the same problem. I've reset the router, unplugged it, disconnected and reconnected it and still have a solid amber light. Sky tests all showing as no problem! 

This message was authored by MarkyMark4 This message was authored by: MarkyMark4

Mine is exactly the same
This message was authored by Shan14 This message was authored by: Shan14

Mine has just turned back on now that was weird 

This message was authored by Dixy122 This message was authored by: Dixy122

Mine is still off 

This message was authored by Shelley5978 This message was authored by: Shelley5978

Same issue here, all checks on sky website say everything is connected yet no internet.

This message was authored by MarkyMark4 This message was authored by: MarkyMark4

Still nor working for.me sky assistance is rubbish

This message was authored by James991 This message was authored by: James991

I am in cornwall and mine has gone down as well there are no planned upgrades for tonight in my area has any else gone of in cornwall 

This message was authored by Katekitty This message was authored by: Katekitty

I had been having the same problem in South Yorkshire. Power and WiFi lights on router were green but Internet light orange. Voice light not on at all.

Ran the usual checks, turned router off at mains, waited 10 seconds and it was till the same after rebooting. Reset router by holding in button on back for 30 seconds and it was still the same after that. Tried to ring SKY'S Priority Helpline number but couldn't speak to anyone but received a text with a link to the Service Checker which I'd already tried with no success becase it said the only issue was with the TV itself!

Was in the process of reporting the issue via the Service Check page when hey presto, the page reset itself. Just as I was convincing myself that tearing my hair out wouldn't help my (usually raised but by now stupidly high) blood pressure and headache that was worsening along with it, all 4 green lights reappeared on the router.

However, the TV (Glass) and both mobiles have had to be reconnected maually to the WiFi network. I've yet to check other devices but letting you know that things up here in the North appear to be restored. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

At the time of night you've all posted it could be maintenance taking place. Whenever possible this is carried out overnight to keep disruption to a minimum as most customers are asleep. If it hasn't returned by the time the phone lines open in the morning give Sky a call to report it.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Ian0023 This message was authored by: Ian0023

Same here, looks like it went down around 1:30am and it's still fown for me just before 7am. Standard sky reporting no issues. Will give them a call if it's still down at 8am.

This message was authored by Henners This message was authored by: Henners

Mine is down also. Need this to work as we work from home. 
followed the process for rebooting etc however its still not working even though the app says everything is ok! 

This message was authored by Moxom1 This message was authored by: Moxom1

Mine is also down in Falmouth, Cornwall. I've done all the steps to rectify with no luck. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion