Discussion topic: LG content store issues

This message was authored by Jono1994 This message was authored by: Jono1994

LG content store issues

Hello everyone! Apologies in advance for long post! 

82E3984C-7FBF-43B0-8378-9950C825BE83.jpeg

just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue. 

Today our Sky broadband went active so hooked up my new LG smart TV to the WiFi which worked absolutely fine however when trying to download apps such as Netflix/ Prime Video etc I'm met with the message "couldn't install or update app" 

I have tried numerous fixes suggested by google (changed DNS server to 8.8.8.8/9.9.9.9 etc) reset tv and router etc but still no luck! Managed to use my phone as a hotspot which worked absolutely fine and downloaded Netflix! Is this an issue with the IP address or will I need to contact Sky? Any help appreciated!

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: LG content store issues

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jono1994  Most likely an issue with yoyr TV, you should be able to do reset of siome sort on your TV with deals with the wifi/ethernet connection, there should be steps in your user manual.

I would also check if you have broadband sheild enabled in your Sky account, if so try to disable and see if this helps.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Recoilboss This message was authored by: Recoilboss

Sorry - no solution to offer but I have identical problem, new router install wont interact with LG Smart services - exactly same symtoms. 2 hours in chat with LG, no solution. They blame Sky router. I have taken off any Sky shield stuff, makes no difference.

This message was authored by EddeH This message was authored by: EddeH

@Jono1994 @Recoilboss I was having a play around on LG's website and found this very useful tool.  The link is here: https://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/product-help/CT20098005-20151627493458

This is what I found.  I thought the software of the TV may have some diagnostics to tell you if your TVs are connected to the network and the internet.

Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 7.27.34 PM.png

This message was authored by Recoilboss This message was authored by: Recoilboss

Have done all that several times - tried: resetting LG to factory, checked all parental controls (none on), tried both Ethernet and Wifi, toggled DNS server settings as sometimes recommended. Even tried a differnt store location instead of UK. LG chat support suggestions - turn it off for 10 minutes. No joy with any of it. Now have tried 2 different Sky routers - both the same. Shield settings to '18'.

@Recoilboss Is yours a new LG tv which you've never had working with any other router? If you've tried two different routers, I would be pointing the finger at the device.  I'm sorry I'm not much help.  If however, you have had your TV working with another router or provider we can try some other things.

I had the TV working in another building using a different Sky router on another Network - their latest better one I might add (SR203). The ones I'm trying now are standard Sky routers (model ER115) - and they def cinnect to the internet etc, they also connect with the LG in all other asopects. I can check for latest TV software upodate for example - just will not interact with the LG store for Apps. I get 'locked' icons for all apps in the ciontent stoire page as well

@Recoilboss may I suggest resetting the Sky hub.  It sounds like there is maybe some gateway address that the Sky router isn't liking or it could be a particular problem with one of LG's remote servers.  Although its impossible to say.  Resetting the Sky hub should clear all issues with any ports etc being blocked et al.  If resetting the hub will cause too much hassle (such as WiFi name etc), I'd suggest maybe waiting a day or so to see if anything fixes by itself.  You didn't say how long you've been facing this issue?

Thank you but I have reset both Sky hubs (got two brand new ones here) a couple of times today. It's been happening all day (and followed a TV software upgrade which it happilly accepted by the way). About to give up before I go insane. If I try perform any other internet-necessary TV function, like signing into my LG account for example - it's quite happy to do that, so I know I'm connecting to the world (20mg down). Suspect LG Store really - I mean why would I get locked icons for ALL Apps at the store, even before trying to install or update any of them? I'll get a progress bar if I 'do' try to install, and then a 'failed' message. I have no App lock settings switched on at the TV - checked many times. Trying now a power down for lengthy period as well as a final router reset.

Follow up to last post for anyone interested...   

Having pulled my hair out for most of a day, 24 hours later I came back to the set-up and tested the LG store again. Lo & behold it all worked as expected. No change to any aspect of the set-up, either to the tv or the router. I can only therefore assume that the LG server for the App store in my area was out of action that day for some reason - not that LG support shed any light. Their only technical suggestion, in true IT Crowd style, was "have you tried switching it off and on again?"

This message was authored by Taffington20 This message was authored by: Taffington20

I have had the same problem with Apps not updating or downloading today for several hours. And like other comments in the thread I've turned router and tv on and off several times including full reboots and resets. The issue is not with the LG TV but the Sky router. For some reason the router is blocking the App updates and downloads. To over come this I tethered my phone to tv and hit spotted with mobile WiFi and the Apps updated and download instantly. Once I had the Apps I switched the WiFi back to the Sky router and was then fully able to log in to IPlayer, Netflix and Disney plus accounts. 

hope others find this useful info. 

It's not you, it's them. There's almost certainly a problem with the store delivery rather than your network/ broadband/tv or user capabilities. Personally, as frustrating as it is, I wouldn't waste hours of your time (like I did) in uselss telephone support with LG either - they will just walk you through all the usual 'switch it off, switch it back on again' nonsense. I found everything working normally again the next day (with absolutely no change to my set-up) after I threw a few things around the room and went storming off to bed, not before consuming a couple of large gin & tonics.  good luck...

This message was authored by MrQUKCS This message was authored by: MrQUKCS

Hi Folks,

Had Sky Ultrafast Plus installed today and just had this same issue with my LG TV. TV would work with my mobile hotspot and my Virgin Media fibre connection which is still currently active in my home. These services would work using a laptop etc so it was just an issue on my LG tv apps.

Weird quirks for me were ... it worked with an ethernet connection from the tv directly to the sky router but not ethernet between my tv and my mesh network node.

After directly connecting to the router wifi network and rebooting a few times it decided to work. I'm now connected wirelessly between my tv and mesh network like I was with my previous ISP and it's working (for now).

This message was authored by anubis7 This message was authored by: anubis7

I'm having  the same problem with the SR203 hub, had install yesterday, initially would not connect to LG tv, yet TV found it, after a few hrs the hub connected but the app store was same as others have said here, this morning the connection to the tv dropped out, tried for ages to get a connection, would not connect, rebooted hub 3-4 times still no joy, tried the wps option by inputting the tv code on the hub page, again would not connect. I have set up my other sky Q router model ER115, that connected first attempt and can access app store and download? so it has got to be an issue with the new hub has'nt it?

Had similar problems with windows 10 pc when connecting via ethernet, windows internet trouble shooter said the pc set up was fine and reported DNS errors linked to the hub, then made a connection last night, then dropped out this morning and would not reconnect, during this all lights green on the hub, the old router as above connected first attempt. Surely this has got to be a hub issue?

This message was authored by Taffington20 This message was authored by: Taffington20

It is a hub issue. Try connecting the first time using a cable. Worked for me, then every time after wirelessly. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion