Discussion topic: LG content store issues

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

Re: LG content store issues

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BBD7NFU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 This product improves the performance of connectivity connecting a cable USB 3.0 to ethernet 1Gbps for LG TV, used this with my LG OLED C1. The ethernet port on LG TV is 100Mbps and the wireless is even worse without it.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
This message was authored by anubis7 This message was authored by: anubis7

Hi just to update, there was an issue with my phone line that the Sky guy did not spot, openreach have had to renew the main wire that connects to the master socket plus fitted a new master socket, the new hub connected via wi fi first time to my LG, and can now access and download from LG content store no problem now.

This message was authored by Anthony+Evo This message was authored by: Anthony+Evo

@anubis7 - Do you know what the specific issue was with your line?  We've expereinced the exact same issues as everone is describing here but we don't yet have a solution and it hasn't just started working again.  Sky engineer couldn't figure it out.  If you know what specifcally needed to be resolved with yours we can pass it on to Sky.  Thanks

This message was authored by jamie415 This message was authored by: jamie415

Got sky broadband activated yesterday, got Sky Q and 3 sky Q mini's working (with the addition of a wifi booster for the one upstairs) and two LG tv's will not connect to the LG store etc. Done a few searches on various forums and seems to be a very common problem. It appears that the TVs are picking up the wifi but not a strong enough signal to be of any use. I presuming that the LGs are picking up the signal from the mini's and not the main hub. Only one option to choose from on the LG but cheaper TV upstairs picks up the various sky network options.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jamie415 & @Anthony+Evo  one specific issue that turns up from time to time is a few of the public IP addresses Sky assign to connections have been transferred from Italy and still show as Italian to some applications. LG Store is one of the apps that would throw an error. The work round is to power down your Sky hub for a few minutes to force a change in IP address which hopefully maps to the UK. 

Hope thst helps.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by anubis7 This message was authored by: anubis7

Hi the original line from the main connection point on the house to my master socket was 30-40yrs old, it was only by chance I wanted a line move as the master socket was iat the back of my house and I wanted it moved to the front, the BT guy said we always fit a new cable when we do a line move, the old cable taken off was like a wire rod and not flexible, the BT guy just said the old wire was past it and that some of these new routers can be very sensitive to any minor line error that the old routers simply had no issues with, I have not had any issues since  this new cable was installed with a new master socket, no dropouts been near pefect so far, no issue with LG store or apps on LG tv since even when I've rebooted the router, this is all I can tell you, New cable and master socket - connection issues resolved 

This message was authored by jamie415 This message was authored by: jamie415

All sorted now, I needed to deactivate the sky broadband shield

This message was authored by Tania10 This message was authored by: Tania10

Thanks to everyone for posting their solutions. I spent 5 or 6 hours trying to get the LG content store to work, without success at first, and I consider myself tech savvy.

In the end I gave up, and as the OP said, the next day when I switched it all on, it all suddenly worked.

Maybe the Sky IP address of my new Sky router reset itself over night. (ie was set to Italy as someone mentioned, and reset itself to UK.) I think this is the most likely explanation.

This message was authored by toz6666 This message was authored by: toz6666

Ok, mines not the store as such, but mine would drive you all insane.

the apps are installed fine, but, my iplayer and Netflix throw up errors.

Iplyer just didn't load out the sky App Store.

but Netflix will load no problem, show trailers, even run network test, but then, when you try play anything on Netflix it says, we cannot play your content that now nothing I do , all suggestions I've seen, doesn't fix either.

but get this, my Netflix will run fine through Apple TV on same network.

so personally it's the sky TV somewere.

if anybody has had this problem and fixed it would appreciate a reply.

This message was authored by RHS1996 This message was authored by: RHS1996

Same issues, still unable to find a resolution, engineer suggested connecting directly to the modem with an ethernet cable but not helpful as its not in the same room.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion