Discussion topic: Issues connecting to work VPN

This message was authored by Sunny30 This message was authored by: Sunny30

Issues connecting to work VPN

Hi,

I recently upgraded my broadband to Fibre Max and everything was working fine, including access my work network (via VPN).  However since 2 weeks ago, I now have major issues connecting to my work VPN.  This is having a major affect in my ability to work from home, considering the current situation.

I am a keyworker and am unable to work from home which will mean that I will have to risk my life to goto work, if this issue is not resolved.

I have tried to call Sky but at the moment I cannot get thru.  Something on my broadband has changed to cuase this connection issue.

I have been with Sky for over 10 years for both Broadband and TV and have not experienced these issues before.

Can this be resolved ASAP, OR will have to cancel my service and seek elsewhere.

Thanks,

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Issues connecting to work VPN

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sunny30 

If this was working previously, has your employer made any changes at their end, perhaps to cope with increased demand?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Sunny30
Topic Author
This message was authored by Sunny30 This message was authored by: Sunny30

Hi, thanks for your response.

No changes made on the company VPN.  Works fine if I tether from my mobile.  Works fine if I have reset or restarte my Sky router.  Will work for a bit and then the VPN connection will drop and will not connect or have problems.  Basic internet is fine.

There is something on the Sky Broadband that is being blocked or stopping the connection after a while.  This has only happened since upgrading the broadband.

This message was authored by FelipeAO This message was authored by: FelipeAO

Hello,

I am currently having the same issue, I have upgraded my package and I started having troubles connecting to my VPN at work, I don't know if that is a coincidence, but it happened at the same time. Have you managed to solve your issue? If so, how did you solve it?

Kind Regards

This message was authored by Finn+Tyrone This message was authored by: Finn+Tyrone

Did you find a solution? I have the same issue. Very frustrating.

This message was authored by SN99 This message was authored by: SN99

Having the same problem- my IT dept has said it is because of 'blocks' from my internet service provider.

Is there anything they can or should do?

has anyone found a solution?

thanks

This message was authored by Finn+Tyrone This message was authored by: Finn+Tyrone

Sky were unable to help, even though its clearly an issue on their side. My VPN switch works fine with other ISPs.

This message was authored by Tjh1977 This message was authored by: Tjh1977

Late arrival on this thread, but I had the same issue connecting to the work VPN, turned out the parental controls put in place by Sky was blocking the VPN.

Turn off the parental controls and it's been fine ever since.

This message was authored by PeterfromChile This message was authored by: PeterfromChile

I have turned off Broadband Shield and Parental Controls.... still can't connect to VPN.

On the phone to SKY right now, hoping they can help!

This message was authored by HareKrishna This message was authored by: HareKrishna

I did disabled Sky Shield, but I am still not able to connect. Please suggest.

This message was authored by Nabeel1 This message was authored by: Nabeel1

I have same sort of issue connecting to work VPN. Every morning I have to shut down my laptop before I can log in to our work VPN. 

After having chat with Sky, they are saying there broadband does not support VPN and they cannot do anything about it. What a shame.

This message was authored by Gareth120871 This message was authored by: Gareth120871

Been working from home since start of lockdown never had any issues with connection but past few weeks keep losing connection to the company VPN also keep loeing internet connection.Had a new router still keeps happening so much for fibre max being fastest last speed check was only 4Mb

This message was authored by garyas This message was authored by: garyas

I'd appreciate an answer as well.  It sounds like the same issue.

If my daughter connects to her work VPN or one of the family uses NordVPN the WiFi drops for approx 5 seconds every 30 seconds for all users connected on any device.  Sky are clearly running some kind of Shield and it makes broadband unusable.  

This message was authored by Gareth120871 This message was authored by: Gareth120871

@garyas 

• When i called sky they tried to.run a test on the line but apparently they were unable to find my router so are getting an engineer out to check line from my house and to the box to see if fault is on line or at the box
This message was authored by Sawbones49 This message was authored by: Sawbones49

Just swapped to Sky ISP.  Work for the NHS, just tried to login and found there is is no VPN. It seems this problem has been around for about a year from this thread. IT Helpdesk in Glos NHS say this a known issue and is for Sky to resolve.  
Just wondered if the solution of obtaining a new IP address has been successful please, or any other workaround?  
TIA

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion