Discussion topic: Internet dropping out

This message was authored by itsajay99 This message was authored by: itsajay99

Internet dropping out

I've recently had my sky broadband installed however over the past few days, there's been times where the connection will suddenly drop out and when i check the router the "internet" is flashing amber and "voice" is a solid orange colour. This happens maybe 2-4 times a day and has become rather annoying. Is there a fix this please? I've tried resetting the box itself and even plugging the router out of the socket 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Internet dropping out

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@itsajay99 the recdnt bad weather has caused lots of issues but as a first thing run the connection test in the My Sky app over a mobile connection as that will tell you if there is a known fault. If there isnt give `Sky a call to report the issue but expectvthe lines to be busy and given the holiday backlog there maybe a delay before Openreach have an engineer check your line.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
itsajay99
Topic Author
This message was authored by itsajay99 This message was authored by: itsajay99

Thanks for the reply. What's the best number to contact them on?

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@itsajay99 

150 from your Sky Landline or the 03 number at bottom of https://sky.com/help under 'Need more help?'

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion