Discussion topic: Internet Down - Catford Exchange

This message was authored by Fatmanp89 This message was authored by: Fatmanp89

Internet Down - Catford Exchange

internet went down mid game of Valorant. Had the amber light, rebooted and eventuially have the internet back but lots of sites not loading, cannot connect to discord voice channels and have run the connection check page which says your internet could be performing better then crashes. Is this isolated to me or more widespread?

All Replies

This message was authored by AndyStubbs This message was authored by: AndyStubbs

Re: Internet Down - Catford Exchange

Image2.jpgSame issue here on Catford exchange, internet is back up now but at half the usual download speed - dropped from 74Mbps down to 37Mbps - not great!

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AndyStubbs run the connection test in the My Sky app as thst should tell you ifvthere is a known fault and the connection speed of yout hub if it finds a fault it should book an engineer. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by AndyStubbs This message was authored by: AndyStubbs

Ran the test, went through the 2 min test all checked ok at the end of it. Sadly no chjange in speedtest.net results, it's still half of it's usual speed.

Current router stats are attached if anybody could be so kind as to take a look at them.

Image3.jpg

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@AndyStubbs 

Thats not really a fair test, the screenshot you posted was from 2014. 

Can you post the latest speed test? Also are you completing the test via WiFi or ethernet?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Those results have been consistent from 2014 until yesterday evening when they suddenly halved.

All tests are carried out over ethernet and just in case its not clear the results that I believe you are referring to from 2014 are actually in my signature (from around that time).

@AndyStubbs 

So can you post a recent test?

I am NOT a Sky Employee

I did post a recent test from this morning in my original post but for the sake of confussion here is a fresh one..

(I've also removed the image in my signature to avoid further confusion).

Image4.jpg

@AndyStubbs 

Looks like an issue thats been reported before, in most cases it resolved itself after 1-5 days.

I am NOT a Sky Employee

Yes I did wonder if DLM had just got a strop on and decided to stick it's beak in

Well this certainly looks similar...

https://community.sky.com/t5/Archive/Super-fast-has-halved-in-speed/td-p/3288240

From last May!

Fatmanp89
Topic Author
This message was authored by Fatmanp89 This message was authored by: Fatmanp89

Back in December when the Catford exchange went down 4 times in one night DLM kicked in. Took about 3 weeks and two resets to go back to normal.

I think I posted on that thread at the time as it also affected me!

As an aside If DLM has in fact kicked in rebooting the router is the absolute last thing you want to be doing - Just a warning 🙂

Ok so solution appears to be this...

Do NOT reboot the router, instead open the connection status link from the router status tab, click disconnect and then after a few seconds reconnect.

Image3.jpg

After doing the above I am back to this...

Image6.jpg

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion