Discussion topic: I’ve returned my broadband equipment but sky says they haven’t got it?

This message was authored by Sunny+N This message was authored by: Sunny+N

Re: I’ve returned my broadband equipment but sky says they haven’t got it?

Hello guys and thanks for responses

Sorry my original message wasnt acurrate. I finished my contract like 3 months ago and sent my sky Q box and booster back in March on the 21st so it's been a month.

I don't understand how they've billed me £170 so I'd like an escalation please.

Phone lines are useless. I was on hold for an hour earlier and gave up.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sunny+N 
I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Escalation Team may get in touch with you later.

Look out for an email and also a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. Once that speech bubble appears you only have 48 hours to join the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to each chat reply from Sky within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread regularly.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

If you are using Safari also make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the chat bubble. If you have trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to Sunny+N.

This message was authored by L+Targress This message was authored by: L+Targress

Hi, I returned my Sky Q hub over 5 weeks ago now using the prepaid packging and label provided by sky. I had not heard anything from sky during these 5 weeks so assumed all was well and the equipment had been received. Then this week, I have received an email from sky stating that my equipment has not been returned and I will be charged £50 if not returned by 5th May. I called sky today and advised that as it has been over 5 weeks, I no longer have my proof of postage. I was told that I would be charged the £50 regardless if I cannot provide the proof of postage. I was then told to go back to my post office and ask for a copy of the proof of postage which I did, but of course, this is not something they are able to do. I mentioned to the adviser earlier today, that surely the equipment has some form of barcode or code on it to match it to the correct account once returned. I was told this logic was correct but that someone else would need to confirm how they can check this. When I asked who that person would be, the adviser didnt know? This is absolutely appaling. I do not believe that the only way sky can check if you have returned something is via the royal mail proof of postage? Otherwise what is flagging up on their system to show it hasnt been received? Please can an adviser at a higher level of management at sky contact me asap to resolve this?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@L+Targress wrote:

Please can an adviser at a higher level of management at sky contact me asap to resolve this?

@L+Targress 

No one at Sky will know who you are as your Community log-in is not linked to your Sky account(s). Without you retaining your proof of posting any cancellation of non return fees us at Skys discretion. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Sunny+N This message was authored by: Sunny+N

Hello again guys

After my comment above I was quickly contacted by a sky advisor. He went through security and asked me about my equipment return, saw my evidence and has swiftly organised a refund which should clear by next week.

ADVICE TO CUSTOMERS IN SAME PREDICAMENT - Make sure you keep your postal reciept as proof of postage and send back everything they ask including peripherals ie remotes and leads.

Overall a good experience with sky. They are humans at the end of the day and helped with my problem. When economic times change I will return as a customer.

Cheers

Sunny

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this chat session now as this refund has now been processed-with timescale advised. If there is anything else in the future we can help you with, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks.

This message was authored by S5tuo This message was authored by: S5tuo

Im having this issue now sent back 3 q boxes 2 months ago apparently they only received 1 although they were all sent together. Threw away the postal receipt when Sky messaged me to say the package was with their courier.

This message was authored by Sam_22 This message was authored by: Sam_22

Hi 

me and my partner have just had the same issue. The sky box was sent back in 2022 and a month or so later we had a email from sky saying they haven't received it, we fought tooth and nail and said it had 1000% been sent back but we didn't have the receipt. It all went quiet after that and it's been a year and half and then we receive a call from the debt collectors a couple of weeks ago and they said Sky have passed it to them and we owe them £165. The guy said he could do us a deal and take 50% off if we pay so couldn't see a way out of it in fairness so agreed. Just checked last night and they've actually taken the full £165 out of the account. I'm making a complaint to Ofgem on this as even the time delay itself is ridiculous and it obvs needs addressing by looking at all these comments. 

@Sam_22 

Ofgem won't be interested. They are connected to gas and electricity power companies. 

Sky customer since 2001

Sorry you're right, I meant the Ombudsman. 

@Daniel0210 

Sorry you're right, I meant the Ombudsman. 

This message was authored by Julian31 This message was authored by: Julian31

I have the same issue, returned all my sky equiment in one shipment. I keep geeting email and text about one mini box when they was all returned together. Got the the proof of postage. Can not get hold of anybody to discuss?????

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Julian31 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will need to respond to it as soon as you can or it will be closed if there is no response within 48 hours.
This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

------------------------------------------------------

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to @Julian31 to chat.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion