Discussion topic: I’ve returned my broadband equipment but sky says they haven’t got it?

This message was authored by SkyWise This message was authored by: SkyWise

Re: I’ve returned my broadband equipment but sky says they haven’t got it?

This is still happening in 2022. I have proof of posting and Post Office track and trace says the equipment has been delivered.  I have replied to an email but no reply yet from Sky.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SkyWise wrote:

This is still happening in 2022. I have proof of posting and Post Office track and trace says the equipment has been delivered.  I have replied to an email but no reply yet from Sky.

@SkyWise 

It's unlikely Sky will reply as they don't use email as a general method of contact.

This has been a problem for a while as Unipart, the company who receive the returns on behalf of Sky in the UK, appear to be very slow in updating Sky that a customer has returned their equipment.
If you have kept your proof of posting there shouldn’t be a problem, so I’ve escalated your post to Sky and someone from the Escalation Team may get in touch with you later or maybe tomorrow.

Look out for an email and also a blue/red speech bubble on the bottom left of your forum page. Once that speech bubble appears you only have 48 hours to join the private chat or it will close automatically. Also, if you fail to respond to each message from Sky within 48 hours the chat will automatically close down even if your issue isn’t resolved. Replies on the chat aren’t instant so keep checking the chat thread regularly.

You need to make sure that your email/private message notifications are switched to ‘on’ to avoid missing the alerts.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014
If you are using Safari also make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the blue bubble. If you have trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by dmy24 This message was authored by: dmy24

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to chat 🙂

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Update:

Spoke with @SkyWise and resolved issue

Thanks again for the escalation enjoy the rest of your weekend 🌞😎

This message was authored by SkyWise This message was authored by: SkyWise

Thanks @Greenfinger001 for hopefully sorting this out for me.

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

@SkyWise I can assure you my manager has completed the actions so you'll receive no more notifications about this equipment, thanks again for reaching out to Sky community 🙂

This message was authored by ElaineP11 This message was authored by: ElaineP11

Im also getting this problem I have tracked the parcel and Royal Mail show it was returned but sky still saying they want to charge me - the online chat bot is rubbish and no number to call or email response it's like well just charge you anyway no matter what you can prove and then you can take sky to court at own expense to get money back that is atrocious 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@ElaineP11 

If you still have your proof of posting would you like us to escalate your post to Sky to get you some help? 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by ElaineP11 This message was authored by: ElaineP11

That would be helpful thanks

Okay @ElaineP11 
I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Escalation Team may get in touch with you later.

Look out for an email and also a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. Once that speech bubble appears you only have 48 hours to join the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to each chat reply from Sky within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread regularly.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

If you are using Safari also make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the chat bubble. If you have trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent ElaineP11 an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this session now but if there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks.

This message was authored by Sunny+N This message was authored by: Sunny+N

Good morning guys! Hope somebody can help me.

I returned my sky equipment nearly a week ago. I have proof in post office reciept showing unipart logistics postcode and weight of parcel etc.

This morning £170 has been taken out of my account. I had no email, no correspondence to say they were going to do this.

Times are tough and the whole reason for returning my sky was I just couldn't afford it any more. I'm living week to week and need this £170 back

Really disheartened by sky's response in these times

Please help

@Sunny+N wrote:

I returned my sky equipment nearly a week ago. I have proof in post office reciept showing unipart logistics postcode and weight of parcel etc.

@Sunny+N 

Unfortunately we believe returns are taking two weeks to be processed once they arrive at Unipart so yours might still be waiting in a pile so it may be too early for your issue to be escalated to Sky. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Sunny+N 

£170 doesnt sound right just for a Sky hub return. Did you cancel while in contract? That may be the early termination charges

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion