Discussion topic: I’ve returned my broadband equipment but sky says they haven’t got it?

This message was authored by Kip+b This message was authored by: Kip+b

I’ve returned my broadband equipment but sky says they haven’t got it?

Hi, 

after upgrading my broadband with sky they sent me new equipment. I packaged the old equipment up & put the returns sticker on it & took it to the post office & returned it to sky. I've got the proof of postage & tracking number & sky received it on 7/7/20. They keep contacting me saying they need my equipment returned? Tried the app, & sky.com both useless, tried calling but they're not receiving calls. Not sure what more I can do?  Please help. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

Re: I’ve returned my broadband equipment but sky says they haven’t got it?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Kip+b 

I've flagged your post to Sky someone should be in contact with you shortly. Look out for a chat bubble on the forum or an email.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123 Answer

Hi @Kip+b 

I've flagged your post to Sky someone should be in contact with you shortly. Look out for a chat bubble on the forum or an email.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by EJHay9698 This message was authored by: EJHay9698

I have the same trouble cannot get in contact to sort it out please can someone help as I really don't want to get charged, regards Emma.

This message was authored by Georgie1983 This message was authored by: Georgie1983

I returned my SKY Q box, remote and router back at the end of Feb this year... just before the lockdown happened and never received anything from SKY. After assuming everything was returned and sorted, i threw out my receipt from the post office. I got an email out of the blue last week (7 MONTHS LATER) saying that they haven't received it and after checking with their stores department they will be charging me £170! I DO NOT THINK SO! I returned the equipment to the post office. Who keeps a receipt 7 months after the event "just in case". I am now waiting for a manager to call me back but I will not be paying for something that I returned 7 months ago! 

I will also be looking to cancel my SKY package altogether as the service I have received regarding this has been absolutely shocking!

This message was authored by Wend67 This message was authored by: Wend67

hi , I'm exactly the same, posted 9th Feb, tracked online, it was received and I binned my receipt too..now they say gonna charge me...

This message was authored by Georgie1983 This message was authored by: Georgie1983

Mine got sorted in the end. Basically they sent me 2 lots of packages but I only used 1 and put everything in the same box. They can check the serial numbers of what was due back with the company that they get sent to. Don't give up. Argue it. I did and it got sorted in the end xx

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I have had the same problem. I packed up my equipment into the box provided and took to the post office. I had another package which I returned to another supplier that day using the same method. Both were scanned and the other package arrived at it's destination within two days. However, Sky are sending me endless texts and emails saying they will charge me for missing equipment on the 10th January, even though I send the items back on the 21st November. It is all very stressful. I tried calling but can't get through, I tried emailing, but no reply, I tried the virtual assistant but no category matches my issue.

This message was authored by L.A.M This message was authored by: L.A.M

I have also returned the equipment in one box but keep receiving emails and texts about it not being returned and that I'll be charged £50. Can't get through on the phone, no options on the website help centre, no live chat option. Tried using Facebook messenger. Really very frustrating.

This message was authored by Reesshowtime This message was authored by: Reesshowtime

I have returned all my sky equipment but im getting messages saying i will be charge for not returning.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@ReesshowtimeDo you have the paper that you got given when you took this to the post office?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Reesshowtime This message was authored by: Reesshowtime

@Highlinder i believe so. I cant get through to anyone at sky to explain 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

If you can find it let us know and if you are unable to get through then it can be escalated.

I have found the postage receipt.

@Reesshowtime  I have escalated your post to Sky who may be in touch with you regarding this via a private message on this forum or an email to you, both of which will invite you to a private chat.

This message was authored by DLow This message was authored by: DLow

Hello,

I have had the same problem. 

I cancelled my SKY TV package but kept the broadband. After sending my Q Box, Mini Box and remotes back I have now been hit with a £200 bill. 

I did not get a reciept from the post office as I never thought I would need one. 

Sky are now telling me theres nothing I can do. I either pay the £200 or they're passing this charge onto a debt collector. 

What am I to do? 

TIA

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion