Discussion topic: I should be getting 600 mbps guaranteed but it is only giving 80-90 mbps

This message was authored by JamesXCaliber This message was authored by: JamesXCaliber

I should be getting 600 mbps guaranteed but it is only giving 80-90 mbps

So I have noticed since I have been downloading games and also applications that it has suddenly slowed down from 1gb internet where I am guaranteed 600mbps to not even getting over 100mbps which to me seems weird and when I've gone onto sky's website and tested connection it says "Everything's fine" So it seems like someone is lying to me as it doesn't seem to be "Guaranteed" if it suddenly stopped giving me 600 and is giving me under 100.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: I should be getting 600 mbps guaranteed but it is only giving 80-90 mbps

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JamesXCaliber 

Is that over an ethernet or wireless connection?

If using Steam, is the figure in Mbs or MBs?

Have you reached 600Mbs in the past?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
JamesXCaliber
Topic Author
This message was authored by JamesXCaliber This message was authored by: JamesXCaliber

So I have noticed it isn't due to steam and it is Ethernet yes it's confusing as it was completely fine but all of a sudden it's now stopped and not working anymore and has gone down to 80-90 when it should be guaranteed 600 which is confusing to me 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JamesXCaliber check the network properties of the device as it sounds like it is only giving you a 100Mb/s connection rather than Gigabit.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
JamesXCaliber
Topic Author

I have done it is just confusing to me as I saw the properties saying 1000mbps out of 1000mbps and it confuses me what's happened because the properties are the same. I think it could be a sky thing where I get told to have it and when I've gotten over a year of it they've changed it up which I have heard happen to other customers before. I know for a fact I haven't messed with anything and with ethernet even though it's supposed to be 1gb it isn't I'm not good at explaining things here but I really think it shouldn't have gone from 1gb to 80mbps 

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@JamesXCaliber Log inyo your sky account, run the service checker, select the sky broadband when it appears, on the box (Speed to your Hub) click on the i with the circle around it, this will show you the last 30 days of your hub speed....

JamesXCaliber
Topic Author

I clicked onto it and it says this which is the only thing that pops up whenever I click the Information circle 

JamesXCaliber_0-1708864221986.png

@JamesXCaliber Waiting on picture to clear, while running the srvice checker, it also shows you speed to your hub and type of broadband supplied. You've got, what does it tell you?

JamesXCaliber
Topic Author

Okay so when I clicked onto the info tab it showed me "Guranateed 600 mbps Mininum" and that's all it says for me and nothing else other than that. I did try and find it have anything else but it doesn't it only has what I have mentioned which is the "Guaranteed 600 mbps minimum"

@JamesXCaliber On that screen before clicking anything before the info, your speed and type of broadband should be visible, When did you get this product?

JamesXCaliber
Topic Author

I have had this product for a while now I think if I'm not mistaken I've had it for just nearly a year.

@JamesXCaliber There was 2 parts to the question, you answered only the second...

JamesXCaliber
Topic Author

I did? Oh sorry, I only thought there was one question. So I got this product Around a year ago and I don't know what the other question was, could you repeat it for me as I didn't quite understand.

JamesXCaliber
Topic Author

Before the info it tells me what I am guaranteed and also what type of product I have and if there's issues in the area or Sky Hub connected and I have all Good, No, Yes for all of them

On that screen before clicking anything before the info, your speed and type of broadband should be visible, 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion