Discussion topic: I have just taken receipt of Sky Glass. It came with a new router? Do I have to use this new router?

This message was authored by Dougy2 This message was authored by: Dougy2

I have just taken receipt of Sky Glass. It came with a new router? Do I have to use this new router?

I am using my old router at present...

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: I have just taken receipt of Sky Glass. It came with a new router? Do I have to use this new rou

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dougy2 

'Sky Glass' doesn't come with a router, new or otherwise: it's the product name for the Sky television set itself.  Sky Broadband, if ordered alongside Sky Glass would do so, but that typically wouldn't be delivered at the same time (and isn't relevant to current Sky Broadband subscribers ordering Glass)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: I have just taken receipt of Sky Glass. It came with a new router? Do I have to use this new rou

@Dougy2 

Is it possible you've received a Stream puck?

1000001333.png

If so, that's a box for outputting Sky content on another television set.

1000001335.jpg

Having a puck means you're paying the Sky 'Whole Home' supplement for additional television viewing. Confusingly, 'Whole Home' is also an entirely unrelated BT Broadband product name for a WiFi booster system.

Dougy2
Topic Author

Thanks again...i see.  So do you think using the new sky hub router would be of benefit. Ie reduce the small amount of buffering that i am getting @TimmyBGood 

@Dougy2 

That would tend to depend on which models we are talking about.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/set-up-hub-which-sky-hub-do-you-have 

Dougy2
Topic Author

Thanks pal. Things are running better now with the new router @TimmyBGood 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion