Discussion topic: How to change network name and password sky max hub

This message was authored by Silvermanz This message was authored by: Silvermanz

How to change network name and password sky max hub

How do i change the wifi password and ssid?

Logged into the router (sky max hub) and there doesnt seem to be any user editable wifi settings as they are all greyed out and locked .

Sky online help says to use the my sky app with the following instructions:

1. Open the My Sky app or download the my sky app to get started.
  2. Tap Product Settings on Home or the Broadband tab.
  3. Tap Sky Max Hub. Can't see this option? You might not have completed the hub setup. Follow the steps to finish setting up your sky max hub

Well I downloaded the my sky app and the sky max hub isnt listed under product settings and the link telling me to finish setting up the hub is a pointless 'plug the leads in' article and a link to the app i already have.

Pulling my hair out here, can someone tell me how to change the details please.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: How to change network name and password sky max hub

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Silvermanz wrote:

Pulling my hair out here, can someone tell me how to change the details please.

Unfortunately you have to wait until the appropriate controls populate in the My Sky app. There are very few useful options in the web server built into the Hub itself.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Silvermanz
Topic Author
This message was authored by Silvermanz This message was authored by: Silvermanz

Re: How to change network name and password sky max hub

How do I get it to appear in the app?

Been using my old BT hub for the last few months but BT want the kit returned so only just started using the sky hub today and I just want to make the new hub use my old password so I don't have to set up WiFi again on all my devices 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion