Discussion topic: Hi im having issues with my wifi when i stream a programe it stops ive reset the broadband hub to?

This message was authored by MWW73 This message was authored by: MWW73

Hi im having issues with my wifi when i stream a programe it stops ive reset the broadband hub to?

Hi as the above subject. Today i was streaming a tv show on my Amazon Fire Stick and the programme keeps stopping making me restart the programme then it stops again. Im using a Sky Broadband Hub which ive also held down the reset button for over a minute and after doing this im still having the same problem with the tv programme stopping. I have FTTP and getting a download speed of 148Mbp/s please can someone help me? I've also gone onto my Sky app and done a broadband and WiFi test on there and it's saying there's no issues...I'm completely stumped help me please someone? Thank you. 

Marc. 

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Hi im having issues with my wifi when i stream a programe it stops ive reset the broadband hub t

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @MWW73 Please post your router stats
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717/jump... 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
MWW73
Topic Author

Re: Hi im having issues with my wifi when i stream a programe it stops ive reset the broadband hub t

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time WAN WANoE 2471046 3566268 0 722 245 00:53:22 LAN Down 0 0 0 0 0 00:00:00 WLAN (2.4 GHz) Up 6384 845 0 837 0 00:53:27 WLAN (5 GHz) Up 6852892 2413121 0 0 41141 00:53:26

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed 159900 kbps 30000 kbps

Hi hope this is exactly what you meant and all the information is there too see as I copy and pasted this on my iPhone

Does anything look untoward to you please?

thank you. 

MWW73
Topic Author

Hi when i went to post my previous message with my connection stays its said something about not being "HTMl" compatible on Skys website so it looks like what ive posted is not much help or is it please?

Thank you

@MWW73 

Its usually easier to post an screenshot as an image rather than copying & pasting them

I am NOT a Sky Employee
MWW73
Topic Author

Hi hope this works sorry I'm all new too this and thank you very much 

IMG_0175.png

Hi @MWW73 

Your stats show no connection drops in the 1hr your hub has been up. The problem is they get reset when you reboot the hub so it would be ideal to see the stats after notice the issue occurring but before you reboot the hub.

Is the firestick the only device you are having streaming issues with? Have you tried a different device?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
MWW73
Topic Author

Hi@jamesn123

Thank you for that ok I'll not reboot or reset my router now and see how it goes. However since rebooting the router the Amazon Fire Stick has paused a programme I'm streaming a few times which is weird why it's not showing in the stats? Everything is WiFi as the master socket is in the bedroom. 

I've also had problems with watching Amazon Prime on my Sky Q box same thing basically streaming a show and it'll buffer eventually coming up with and connection message and the wife was saying she was on the PlayStation 5 last night and it was lagging on Call of Duty 3 Modern Warfare playing Zombies online aswell. 

@MWW73 

You may want to look at using direct ethernet or powerline adapters for devices like a PS5 as it would result in a better experience.

I would also recommend you go through Sky's WiFi troubleshooting to see if any of the suggestions improve your situation.

https://www.sky.com/help/home/broadband/my-broadband-speed/no-connection-slow-wifi/articles/broadban...

I am NOT a Sky Employee
MWW73
Topic Author

Hi@jamesn123

Thank you for your guidance and help with this issue. I've thought about Ethernet lead to the PlayStation 5, however it's such a long way from the other room where the master socket is so maybe I'll give the power line adapters a go..it's ironic really because in the kitchen I've got a Sky WiFi booster but maybe I need too move that between the bedroom and living room ie the hall. The problem with that is there's no electrical sockets in the hall though. 

I tried those steps you recommended on Skys WiFi and everything seems to be ok there so as I suspected it's an intermittent WiFi issue. 

The wife has been on the PlayStation 5 since she come home from work and there's no lagging. 

This is how it goes it could be l like this for like two or three weeks then we have issues. 

Thank you again for all your help and advice and if I have anymore issues with streaming issues I'll send you my Network Stats again before I reboot the router. 

Thanks again James 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion