Discussion topic: Gateway changing

This message was authored by Robbo0410 This message was authored by: Robbo0410

Gateway changing

Right has anyone had problems or experience with this before, the ongoing issue of the router resetting from previous posts is still persisting even though I got a replacement router yesterday from Sky, when the resets happen the gateway is changing I try logging in on my phone but get page unavailable this is the 192.168.0.1 that I'm certain is there gateway, yet all devices can still connect.... So I still have internet but cannot get into the router settings to check the statistics or anything 

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Gateway changing

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Robbo0410 

If this has happened with multiple routers it suggests there is something on your network causing the problem. Do you have anything that could have a static configuration set thats messing up the network or an old router/booster that may be trying to act as a router?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
Robbo0410
Topic Author

@jamesn123 my main Sky Q box was wired to my router as they are close to each other in living room, since disconnecting that, the router has not reboot itself, I'm guessing that was conflicting somewhere, both my games consoles are wired and I don't have any issues with them, it's a strange one, that's the only thing I can think what's been causing the problem, I now have the main box and mini box upstairs both wireless 

Robbo0410
Topic Author

Screenshot_2024-04-11-10-56-10-05_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

@jamesn123 no reboot in 90 odd hours although the 5ghz must be dropping in and out but I am not noticing it judging by the 16 hours of uptime compared to the rest 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Robbo0410 

I suspect it was causing LAN packet collisions with multiple wired routes. This is unfortunately a common occurrence with wired Sky Q boxes.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion