Discussion topic: Feature request - option to disable self-heal

This message was authored by RossM23 This message was authored by: RossM23

Feature request - option to disable self-heal

Since moving to Sky Ultrafast Plus with Sky Talk in December, every 48-72 hours I notice that our Internet connection drops (generally overnight maintenance - having raised this with Sky support, it seems to be OpenReach maintenance) and we will have connectivity problems with 1 or more devices when connectivity is restored.  Aside from the maintenance dro outs, my connection is fine:

Sky connection speed.JPG

We have around 20+ devices (Sky Stream, laptops and phones) and when connectivity is restored, most will successfully reconnect to the Internet but the Sky Stream boxes and work laptops using VPN connections will often report no Internet connection until the Sky Hub (SR203) is restarted.  It appears that the failing devices get stuck attempting to open the self-heal page.

Would it be possible to have an option to disable self heal page on the Sky Hub?  It provides no real benefit to me and if it was an option, disabling it would not impact users who do find it useful.

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Feature request - option to disable self-heal

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RossM23 

Could you please post your full router stats

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
RossM23
Topic Author

Router stats are:

Sky connection stats.JPG

Note that Sky router is connected to a phone and a third-party router providing home network and Wifi. 

All Sky Stream boxes are wired. 

Devices affected by self-heal problem are a mix of Wifi and wired devices.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RossM23 

Your stats only go back 28hrs which is when I assume you rebooted your router. Would be useful if you could post the stats again next time the issue occurs but before you reboot the router.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
RossM23
Topic Author

Stable for 120 hours so far - maybe I was just being affected by OpenReach work in the area?

RossM23
Topic Author

OK - Internet finally went down.

MySky app reports no issues but no traffic through the Sky router.  This looks like a router issue rather than a self-heal issue.

Reboot restores connectivity within 5 minutes (2-3 minutes for router boot and connection starts 1-2 minutes after that).

MySky check results 2.jpgMySky check results 1.jpgMySky status.jpgRouter lights.jpgInternet down.JPGRouter status.JPG

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

@RossM23 If you have not already rebooted/powered off the router, please try just removing the wan - ont  ethernet cable for a few seconds and pushing back in, and give a few minutes to see if router reconnects to the internet, and also observe the led lights on the ont, pre off then on connection.

RossM23
Topic Author

I have already power cycled the router but will make a note to try this next time.

FYI - router and ONT are on UPS so shouldn't have been impacted by power issues and outage occured around 10:55AM so was not overnight maintenance.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion