Discussion topic: ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE error

This message was authored by NadeemA This message was authored by: NadeemA

ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE error

Hi,

So I'm currently on my laptop and have been getting the ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE for the last week or so on some websites such as Goodreads, Turkish airlines, Norton and sky.com, but only on one laptop and on my sky broadband. If I connect to my personal hotspot the websites work perfectly fine. Everything works fine on my mobile as well.

I see that someone else has the same post but they have a WiFi extender whereas I do not so I thought I'd try and make a new post. 

At first I thought it was an issue with my laptop as I've had it for over 5 years so I reset but the issues still persist. I've tried changing DNS, making sure proxy is off. Doesn't matter if I use mircroft edge or chrome the problem still persists on my laptop with sky broadband. 

As I'm writing this access to those websites is possible for a few mins but then completely gone again but I am not trying to do anything on my laptop apart from watching YouTube as I've been writing this description. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE error

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NadeemA  Have you at anytime re-started the router during this process?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
NadeemA
Topic Author
This message was authored by NadeemA This message was authored by: NadeemA

@Highlinder yes the router was turned off for an hour to see if it would make any difference but all that happened late at night was sometimes the websites started to work. Just checked again and not working again. 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NadeemA 

Can you try the laptop on ethernet just to see if that resolves the issue?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion