Discussion topic: Moving home - Restricted because of third party being allowed to take over my phone line

This message was authored by Joey2Arms This message was authored by: Joey2Arms

Moving home - Restricted because of third party being allowed to take over my phone line

I have been trying to arrange my home move. During this process, I received an email stating that I had cancelled my broadband. On a phone call with Sky, they informed me that this was due to a third party service taking over the phone line (our buyer). I had no prior warning of this, and I gave no consent. 
I am now hamstrung, as the home move team are claiming I cannot arrange my own move without having the other individual cancel theirs. I cannot get in contact with the buyer, meaning I cannot sort my move or stop this process. 
On top of this, my next bill has been generated for a service I won't be receiving. 
How can this be allowed to happen, and how am I able to rectify this? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Moving home - Restricted because of third party being allowed to take over my phone line

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Joey2Arms there are mechanisms for sorting this kind of issue but it would likely be quicker if you can negotiate with your buyer yourself perhaps via their solicitors. The other way is for Sky to decline to release the line which will annoy your buyers.

When booking moves the system requires them to be booked roughly in order  so you arrange to move your service before your buyer etc down the chain. Normally as it takes a few days for requests to be processed and issues  to emerge so either your buyer jumped the gun or you left it quite late.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Joey2Arms
Topic Author
This message was authored by Joey2Arms This message was authored by: Joey2Arms

Re: Moving home - Restricted because of third party being allowed to take over my phone line

Thanks for your reply. I will try what I can to get hold of our buyer. Any idea how long it would take for the request to be removed, and for me to be able to process our move? 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Joey2Arms shouldn't take too lng hopefully say 3 or 4 days. Moves have a standard 14 day lead time to avoid slamming issues ie what Sky warned you of.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion