Discussion topic: Download speed has dropped 50%

This message was authored by scowle74 This message was authored by: scowle74

Download speed has dropped 50%

My broadband speed has dropped from an average 65mbps to 25mbps. It is a problem with the line. How do i get someone to come and sort it out. Sky support is absolutely useless and I don't want to spend hours on the phone to someone telling me to switch off and back on again. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Download speed has dropped 50%

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@scowle74 run the connection test in the My Sky app as thst can book an engineer to check the line and will give the history of the connection speed to the hub. Sky dont guarantee speedss at the device especially where wifi is involved.

If the app doesn't offer an engineer but speeds to the hub have reduched then you will have to report the issue to Sky and the bit about rebooting the hub is part of their scripted process because it is found to work in many cases,  However ask the agent to check the history because if you have been through that recently they should be able to skip that bit. Please understand its not the agents fault they are not engineers and answer queries on all Sky products and have to go through what the system tells them. We would all like direct access to an experienced network enhgineer but as with most ISPs that simply isn't possible.

If your issue is not connection speed but issues with your network then these hints may help Sky Help - Slow wifi

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
scowle74
Topic Author

As you can see below i ran the "Checher'" and it shows ZERO speed and summarises that there is no problem. There is no button to call for an engineer.

I am checking the download speed at the Sky Hub (Via admin console) and not via Wi-Fi. This eliminates the whole Wi-Fi speed issues. 

502CE291-65A7-4BE6-85B9-9032C1E95D95.jpeg

scowle74
Topic Author

UPDATE

i spoke to Sky on the phone and they are sending an engineer as it appears to be a line fault. They confirmed the speed is low and the Sky Speed checker was showing 0mbps (which they couldn't understand) I'll update you with the outcome. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion