Discussion topic: Broadband speed

This message was authored by Misty2020 This message was authored by: Misty2020

Broadband speed

Hi everyone. I have upped my sky broadband to sky super fast 35 but I'm only getting 12mb is this normal in the beginning? 
Thanks .

All Replies

Misty2020
Topic Author

Re: Broadband speed

CEC78042-78B5-47F9-A0AC-916BADBE95B9.png

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Misty2020 

Could you click "show statistics" at the bottom of that screen and post the table

Also "run tests " from your my sky app or sky.com account and post the info in "more about your connection"

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Misty2020
Topic Author

72C537A4-EEBB-410D-89CE-DA1C42E1636A.png6CDDA7C7-7EDD-4043-A731-392481E058E9.png

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Misty2020 

13Mbps with a 20Mbps guarantee. 

When was the line activated?

If within the last 10-14 days then sky won't do anything until after day 10. On saying that the line would be hard pushed to make 40Mbps even after 10 days. 

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

Misty2020
Topic Author

@cookiemonsteruk it was activated yesterday morning. I will wait and see what happens, but I really don't believe it will get to full speed in that timeframe? Thanks for your help and information 

@Misty2020 

Even once/if the noise margin gets down to 3db (g.inp)you may get another 5-10Mbps maximum Leave until day 10 and get back to us and we can escalate direct to sky if still below the minimum

Misty2020
Topic Author

@cookiemonsteruk great thank you for everything will update you soon 

Misty2020
Topic Author

@cookiemonsteruk 

Hi,I'm still having speed issues 15E27E68-9CE5-4232-A810-29EB7C32F50B.png7F0FE7BE-EC9B-4936-BEFA-1B1FC68285FD.png2F345B8D-D9E7-4FA8-BDBC-F3415205C9CD.png

@Misty2020 

Give sky a call on 150 from your sky llandline or sky mobile or
zero three three three seven five nine one zero one eight from any other phone

Or if in Ireland

Call sky ireland on

Remove all the full stops

Strictly speaking they probably can refuse to look at it . But the line isn't going to improve anytime soong . Any issues get back to us for escalation

Misty2020
Topic Author

@cookiemonsteruk 

I have tried calling but they never answer 

@Misty2020 

Could you remain logged onto the forum using a chrome browser

I've escalated your post via the community chat. This link explains how it works

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or blue chat bubble. When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

This message was authored by Clivers This message was authored by: Clivers

@Misty2020 You should have been given expected speeds/minimum at the time you signed up. It all depends on your line and how far you're from the local cabinet. My line gives me a max of 15Mbs, I'm currently on Superfast35 FTC, that's 2Mbs more than my Minimum Guaranteed Speed.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion