Discussion topic: Disconnects at least once a day

This message was authored by Lembie This message was authored by: Lembie

Disconnects at least once a day

I'm having issues with my broadband connection. I have noticed that at least once a day WiFi completely disappears. When I check the hub, all the lights are off except power. It looks like the hub is restarting and WiFi reappears after a few minutes.

Is there any way to fix this?

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Disconnects at least once a day

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lembie Could you please post your router stats following the link below.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#M101...

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Lembie
Topic Author

It happened again as I was reading your message. Here are the stats

Screenshot_20240111_002750_Chrome.jpg

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Lembie the stats show thst the hub restarted 7 minutes before you took thecstats but the connection to the line has only been up for a minute. You are on a short line but the line speed looks to be set at 74Mb/s when the line could easily support the full 80Mb/s so there appears to be a fault. That could be the hub itself if it is rdbooting on its own or the line. 

You need to report the issue to Sky so I am escalating your post to the team who support the forum. Whether Openreach will accept a fault report is questionable as 74Mb/s will almost certainly be faster than your guaranteed minimum line speed it will depend on the number of drops etc. Sky msy simply swap out the hub to exclude thst as a factor but it will depend on the diagnostics the agent can see. 

Kepp an eye on the forum as the team will message you and insert a chat button for you to use when they pick up your post.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent @Lembie an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for chatting to us @Lembie . Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Lembie
Topic Author

@Lisa-P1987 

Could you please re-open this?

It is now much worse and has dropped at least three times today

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Lembie I have escalated your post to Sky who may be in touch with you regarding this via a private message on this forum or an email to you, both of which will invite you to a private chat.

More information about this process can be found in the link below.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @Lembie.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion