Discussion topic: Constant buffering with new router

This message was authored by Margo44 This message was authored by: Margo44

Constant buffering with new router

Upgraded router a month ago - constant buffering, phones not connecting to WiFi. Cant get any sense online as I can't get past the how did I buy my skyglass - I don't have skyglass. I'm not IT savvy & totally confused 🫤 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Constant buffering with new router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Margo44 sounds like many other people find is a single wifi router is not enough to give wifi signal through out your home. This is especially common if you have an older home with solid walls or a house with multiple levels. You can call Sky and they will offer to sell you their Sky Wifi Max add-on which can have up,to 3 wifi extenders for an extra £7.50 a month which can help and usefully comes with an option to get an engineer out to advise on what is required if the basic hub and one extender doesnt work.

Alternatively you can buy any number of third party systems if your prefer and most of these are not complex to install but can be daunting if you dont know someone who can help

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Margo44 sounds like many other people find is a single wifi router is not enough to give wifi signal through out your home. This is especially common if you have an older home with solid walls or a house with multiple levels. You can call Sky and they will offer to sell you their Sky Wifi Max add-on which can have up,to 3 wifi extenders for an extra £7.50 a month which can help and usefully comes with an option to get an engineer out to advise on what is required if the basic hub and one extender doesnt work.

Alternatively you can buy any number of third party systems if your prefer and most of these are not complex to install but can be daunting if you dont know someone who can help

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Margo44
Topic Author
This message was authored by Margo44 This message was authored by: Margo44

Thanks for the advice

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion