Discussion topic: Broadband upgrade

This message was authored by 40Sharon67 This message was authored by: 40Sharon67

Broadband upgrade

I have upgraded by current Broadband to Broadband Ultrafast1.

Why does an engineer need to call to install the new Sky Max Hub when I already have broadband.

Best Answers
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

Re: Broadband upgrade

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@40Sharon67 

Fibre unlimited is a legacy product designed to work on copper lines.

With fibre optic openreach do need to install the fibre optic ont modem as pictured in my post above

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@40Sharon67 

The max hub should be a self setup device

If you are moving from superfast or g.fast to fttp an engineer is required to install a new ont 

nokia_ONT_fttp_openreach.jpg

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

40Sharon67
Topic Author
This message was authored by 40Sharon67 This message was authored by: 40Sharon67

I currently have Sky Fibre Unlimited but have upgraded to Sky Broadband Ultrafast 1 with a Sky Max Hub.

What does an engineer need to do?  Can't I just change the router's over?

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk Answer

@40Sharon67 

Fibre unlimited is a legacy product designed to work on copper lines.

With fibre optic openreach do need to install the fibre optic ont modem as pictured in my post above

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion