Discussion topic: Auto compensation

This message was authored by Rusty100 This message was authored by: Rusty100

Auto compensation

Hi.  
 I have been waiting for my fibre broadband to be installed which it finally has after 250 days since the confirmed date.  I've been told I am due compensation at £5.25 per day 

is there a limit to how many days I will be compensated for ? 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Auto compensation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rusty100 

There's apparently no limit specified under the Ofcom scheme, but when that kind of amount is involved (over £1300) I suspect there will be a reluctance to pay out if there's any way to avoid it: perhaps by arguing that waiting for an 'upgrade' while retaining slower service isn't eligible, for example.  If you had no service at all and no route to obtain any then I'd hope you have a strong case: the appeal process would be through Sky and then to CISAS.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0026/216962/Industry-Code-of-Practice-for-Automatic-... 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Rusty100
Topic Author
This message was authored by Rusty100 This message was authored by: Rusty100

Thanks for your reply.  That's what I thought.  I checked their terms and couldn't see anything.  
ive received email from them today saying they are crediting my account with £278.25 which is 53 days. 
i think I'll still call to discuss as I think it should be a lot more. If I get nowhere then I'll make a complaint and try and get the full amount considering I'm a VIP account with over 20years as a sky customer. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rusty100 wrote:

considering I'm a VIP account with over 20years as a sky customer. 

Realistically that simply makes no difference: it's irrelevant to the Ofcom process and is more-or-less just a Sky marketing promotion. 

I'd suggest putting your case in writing from the start, including all relevant dates: that should make approaching CISAS more straightforward if things come to that point.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion