Discussion topic: Broadband consistently dropping out

This message was authored by Lisa1040 This message was authored by: Lisa1040

Broadband consistently dropping out

I've had issues with our broadband connection for ages. Will be ok for a few months then just play up for days for seemingly no good reason. Have phoned numerous times and been talked through hard resets, line checks, speed checks, turn on/off, do this do that. Been sent a new router and now have a broadband technician booked to come out, although not for another 2 weeks.

Is it likely that this visit will fix the issues or should I start looking for a new provider? Also will I get money refunded off my bill if I ask for this as I am certainly not getting the service I am paying for

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Broadband consistently dropping out

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lisa1040 wrote:

Is it likely that this visit will fix the issues or should I start looking for a new provider?

Any new provider using the same physical connection will inherit any fault on it.

Also will I get money refunded off my bill if I ask for this as I am certainly not getting the service I am paying for

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-fibre-speed-guarantee 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Lisa1040
Topic Author
This message was authored by Lisa1040 This message was authored by: Lisa1040

Re: Broadband consistently dropping out

Thank you. Hopefully they can fix it then. 
With the speed guarantee, unless I've missed it, it doesn't state that they give refunds when the line drops completely. The speed is ok when we're connected. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion