Discussion topic: Apparently there's an outage in my area. How do I get an estimated repair time as I work from home

This message was authored by VikkiJB This message was authored by: VikkiJB

Apparently there's an outage in my area. How do I get an estimated repair time as I work from home

I work from home. I need my internet in order to get paid.

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Apparently there's an outage in my area. How do I get an estimated repair time as I work from ho

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@VikkiJB 

Where abouts are you . ?

If it is a network outage then openreach should be on it however call sky to report your own issues

Call 150 from your sky landline or
zero three three three seven five nine one zero one eight from any other phone

Or if in Ireland

Call sky ireland on

Remove all the full stops

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
VikkiJB
Topic Author
This message was authored by VikkiJB This message was authored by: VikkiJB

Re: Apparently there's an outage in my area. How do I get an estimated repair time as I work from ho

I am in SR5 area. 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@VikkiJB 

The most recent Sky outage reports came from the following cities: SunderlandNewcastle upon TyneGatesheadWashingtonNorth ShieldsBoldon CollieryPeterleeSouth ShieldsEast RaintonGosforthHoughton-Le-SpringWallsendChester-le-StreetDurham and Dunston.

its widespread so openreach should be aware but contact sky so that they are aware 

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@VikkiJB 

If not already aware wfh does not afford a quicker fix time. Openreach aim to fix faults within a couple of days but they only work on domestic set ups Monday to Friday. It may be worth ringing Sky anyway and reporting your issue so that auto compensation make kick in. 

See this link re auto compensation for when there is a total loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk. https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full working days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it once the fault has been fixed. It will come in the form of a credit appearing on your account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by simone78 This message was authored by: simone78

i've been without Internet for 12 days. It was supposed to be put on back by today and it still hasn't. I also work from home and so does my son and I've spoken to 4 different people about this and they don't seem to be bothered that I've been with Sky for 21 years i may have to cancel my subscription with them as all I get is they don't know when it will be fixed. I'm absolutely appalled by the service so far due to this. No Internet business

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@simone78 wrote:

i've been without Internet for 12 days. It was supposed to be put on back by today and it still hasn't. I also work from home and so does my son and I've spoken to 4 different people about this and they don't seem to be bothered that I've been with Sky for 21 years i may have to cancel my subscription with them as all I get is they don't know when it will be fixed. I'm absolutely appalled by the service so far due to this. No Internet business

If the the issue is on the network going to another provider who use Openreach will simply have the fault follow you to the new provider.

As advised in other posts WFH does not give you any greater priority on getting the issue resolved, you are on a Domestic service, if a connection is essential you need to be looking at a business line or a more expensive service that provides 4G backup.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@simone78 

Sky will have passed any fault to Openreach for investigation and repair. Openreach have a target fix time of 2 working days but depends on what and where the issue is whether that timeframe is possible. Sky Broadband is a domestic service so wfh is of no consequence.

The below link explains the Ofcom agreed auto compensation scheme which Sky operates for when there is a TOTAL loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full WORKING days from when you first report the fault to Sky, you will become eligible for it. It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your Sky account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark1238 This message was authored by: Mark1238

I've been without Internet for 15 days and I've spoken to sky and also on online chat and all they are saying is its under investigation no time line at all the only thing they have said is its a priority 2 whatever that means 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion