Discussion topic: Very slow speeds but Router Tests show High

This message was authored by PeterLamp This message was authored by: PeterLamp

Very slow speeds but Router Tests show High

I Know not many like using Ookla or Fast.com as a measurement of speed, but realisticly that is the speed reaching my devices, im getting 2-4Mb Download speeds and uploads of 8Mb, When i log into the Router Directly is shows i am recieving 40Mb Download and 10Mb, but everything is VERY slow and within games i get 15% Packet loss and is very noticable that my internet is slow, i have tried speedtests on 4 devices by WiFi and Tested on 2 different PCs via Ethernet, and all give the same results on Ookla and Fast.com, 2-4Mb download.

The Sky broadband checker finds no fault and also shows im apparently Recieving 39Mb download.

i've tried resetting the router and unplugged everything completely and followed the Troubleshooting Tips supplied by SKY. 

Does anyone have any reccomendations, Thanks.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

PeterLamp
Topic Author

Re: Very slow speeds but Router Tests show High

here is my Router Statistics also

PeterLamp_0-1649851699711.png

PeterLamp
Topic Author

i have also just reset the Router and changed the Password so that there was Zero devices connected apart from my PC which is connected by Ethernet and exact same problem persists, so that rules out the potential of other devices taking bandwidth i hope.

This message was authored by MrGoggles This message was authored by: MrGoggles

Having the exact same issue here, speeds of around 2/3mbs download yet sky is showing everything as fine, the MRS is constantly asking me if im donwloading as it goes that slow, been like this for a bit now but finally getting on my nerve, tired of paying for something thats absolute rubbish

This message was authored by JPR007 This message was authored by: JPR007

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PeterLamp The router stats confirm the line speed is 39Mb, the same as Sky report. The actual usable speed is always at least 6-10% less, or should be, when using a cabled device. What is your guaranteed minimum speed according to your contract (or it's in the MySky app)?

Yes, these days, a lot of the devices people use are over WiFi, but you don't pay any ISP for "WiFi", you pay them for the fixed line connection, to your router.

That is what they are delivering, according to there contract to you.

They can't be held accountable for what you get on the end of a WiFi connection, they have no control over the local conditions and what might be affecting it. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zen Superfast (FTTC), Fritzbox 7530, Sky Q 2TB UHD v3 (x1), Sky Q Mini (x2), Alienware Area 51-M, Panasonic TX-65HZ1000B, Denon AVR-X6300H, B&W CM8 S2, B&W CM1 S2 (x2), B&W CM Centre S2, REL S3 SHO (x2), Panasonic TX-P42G30B, Monitor Audio RS6, Marantz PM7001 KI, Denon HEOS 1 HS2 (x2), B&W P7, iPad Pro 12.9" (5th Gen), iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPad Mini 6 (work)

** No - I have nothing to do with Sky **
PeterLamp
Topic Author

my Gaurenteed Minimum is 32Mb, i usually have around 35Mb Down and 8Mb Up, just for the past 24+  hours it is very very slow, basically unusable, yes i understand the WiFi comment but thats why i disconnected everything apart from my PC which is wired connection and still very slow

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PeterLamp 

You have an excessive amount of packet transfers for the router only being up for 30mins. This would suggest a lot of devices connected via ethernet or the device that you are using has background stuff going on which is using your bandwidth

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion