Discussion topic: End of contract with sky

This message was authored by Piotr1992 This message was authored by: Piotr1992

End of contract with sky

My contract ended a month ago. I ordered internet from another provider. My question is, will my new internet provider contact Sky or do I have to do it myself and is there a period when I have to notify Sky sooner?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: End of contract with sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Piotr1992 
If you are cancelling broadband totally or are moving to Virgin you'll have to contact Sky and give the required notice of 14 days. This link may help https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-broadband
If you are changing to another ISP who also uses the Openreach infrastructure then you join up with them and they should contact Sky on your behalf.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Piotr1992 

Depends who the provider. If the use openreach the they will take care of everything. If virgin or other non openreach you will need to contact sky seperately maybe leaving some overlap so the transition is seamless

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Piotr1992
Topic Author
This message was authored by Piotr1992 This message was authored by: Piotr1992

I ordered through the comparethemarket website with talk talk

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Piotr1992 

Talk talk are part of the openreach network so you just have to in theory order and talk talk. The question remains if out of contract does sky require 1 month notice . I'll need to check

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion