Discussion topic: Unable to remove item from playlist

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

Re: Unable to remove item from playlist

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The issue with no remove button being available is one that needs fixing. I find they end up in the play now and consequently unable to remove if I have paused a programme in live tv, restarted a programme by mistake or as a test to help somebody else, for some reason my nephew was here at Xmas and watched a kid programme and now everyday it's on it gets added to play now and I have no option to remove. 

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech
This message was authored by MichaeWlG This message was authored by: MichaeWlG

That's exactly what's happened with me Jay. A guest at our home with a very short attention span, started watching heaps movies, shows, documentries, and never watched them to their conclusion. Now I have them there in the Plylist/Play Now every day and have no means of removing them. If I FFWD some drop off, but some reappear the next day. Please FIX this issue, just give us a Delete option......

1TB Sky Q Box, LG TV and LG Soundbar.
This message was authored by dbader This message was authored by: dbader

The playlist should only contain items picked by the User. After all, they are paying for this feature. While I see there are rather complicated attempts to show us how to delete Playlist items, the only thing required is a DELETE button, whether episode or series is to be deleted. Never mind going through the episodes to the end - nobody wants to do that. Just give us a DELETE function, and one that works!

That is only one problem. Last night while watching a CH4 program, the screen went blank, and no.matter what I did, I could not get it back! 

I am not paying to watch BLANK screens, and so I will.be cutting part of my payment plan, if this sort of thing carries on. Come on Sky - let's hear you !!

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous Answer

@MichaeWlGreading the posts since lunchtime, it must be an odd sort of bug. Forget the play now rail as I have said in my previous posts as they never seem to leave there until they fall off. But everything I have in the playlist view all have a remove button.  See attached video showing some of them. 

This message was authored by leopard+lady This message was authored by: leopard+lady

I can't play the video?

This message was authored by leopard+lady This message was authored by: leopard+lady

Also can someone please give me an idiots guide to finding the remove series option as I cant see it on my playlist items

This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous  Not seen your video yet! But the issue that's being discussed is the play now rail. It's been well discussed that the main showcase area of playlist is allowing the ability to remove and manage the way we wish. 

Play now is broken and the thing that this discussion is focussed on. 

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech

Hi, this video appears to be either blocked, or there has been an erro uploading it?

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Jayboy1990 that is what I have been saying since I posted that there is nothing you can do with the play now rail, yet a response said its not the play now it is the Play List. So either someone is not reading the posts correctly or don't understand the discussion here is my post from earlier up the pages...

I don't think most users (I may be wrong) have an issue with the Playlist apart from it not being in alphabetical order.  The issue is with the 'Play Now' rail, yes I hope they update it so that watched items disappear, but for me its not a deal breaker as 95% of the time we skip this feature and head into the view all playlist.

Hence I posted to say that I would post later and have posted the video (which now seems to have been approved)

Yes there are issues with the Play Now Rail and there are lots of posts on this forum discussing the issue as you well know having taken part in many replies.  All we can do is keep pushing the point and hope an update will give what most users are asking for.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@leopard+lady hopefully my video answers your question about the remove series option.

OK, I see what this video explains, BUT, in my case, I select Playlist View All, I do have the option to ADD Series,  or Watch Series. If I select ADD I now have an option to REMOVE Series. OK so far, I do just that, but the bloody series episodes are STLL in the PLAY NOW ribbon. I just cannot get rid of them???

This message was authored by Pablo+872 This message was authored by: Pablo+872

So I still have to do wall resets 3 or 4 times a day. Picture is looking a bit better thanks to some custom settings I got on a Facebook group. 

Another thing I noted over Christmas which caused much disappointment in our house was adding films. We added a lot of Christmas movies which where on free channels during the holiday period. They were also on Sky cinema but we don't have that. The system refused to add them to our playlist as it only saw the films in sky cinema and not on the other free channels. 

As for the playlist that's still a disaster. Anything in the sports category can't be removed. 

Some programs in apps like Netflix or Disney will add themselves some won't. The play now menu is a complete waste of time. iPlayer programs can't be removed and Landscapers on sky Atlantic I have completed but it won't disappear. I have played the final episode 4 or 5 times but the watched bar is sitting about 2/3 and it won't disappear. 

It's a shame the hardware is let down by some very poorly designed software. I suppose as it's software related there is hope for improvement. No way this should have been released in its current state though. 

This message was authored by Kevjs This message was authored by: Kevjs

@MichaeWlG that's exactly the same issue I mentioned here https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass/Unable-to-remove-item-from-playlist/m-p/3892210#M33440  Most series have the remove option as shown further up the thread  - but for some reason "Inside Chernobyl with Ben Fogel" just shows the Add Series option and offers no way to remove it.  Adding then removing just leaves it there!

Hi Pablo, I have the same issues as yourself, each day I look in the Settings/System management and check the UI for the software, its current version is 0.225.02.03 I pray one day this may change, and with it a Playlist we can all understand !

This message was authored by AJDacre This message was authored by: AJDacre

Likewise - most things drop off the Play Now rail once watched, but the last episode of Around the World in 80 Days won't - it shows it's 2/3 watched (despite the fact I watched it and have then forwarded through it about a dozen times now)

And yes, the films thing is very annoying!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion