Discussion topic: Sky Glass Playlist - Sky have to do something.

This message was authored by Petzhou This message was authored by: Petzhou

Sky Glass Playlist - Sky have to do something.

I love my Sky Glass but the playlist has to be the most ill thought out addition to Sky TV ever!!!! Adding items - series you don't want. Adding random programmes from nowhere (ITV Hub) that are impossible to delete and impossible to fast forward. The whole thing needs a rethink Sky - are you listening???????

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Sky Glass Playlist - Sky have to do something.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Petzhou there have been several changes to Playlist since launch and more are promised including personalised lists and the ability to switch the newest first. ITV hub is a dog and is over due to be replaced ITVx was expected by now but apparently we have to wait until 8th December for that.

Personally I dont use Pkaylist a whole lot preferring to usexsearch which is bith quicker and easier however sports do requirectge playlist.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

I find the playlist just about ok - I never use or look at the play now rail though 

I've not had any issues adding or removing from my playlist - I do wish I could view my playlist in a list order though - it's the only thing I miss from Q 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

I haven't thankfully had any random items just appear in playlist last couple of weeks. So that's a plus it does seem to be getting better but only time will tell certainly would be nice vertically and horizontally and newest first for things like sports and daily shows would be nice. 

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

The all new Playlist list is expected before Christmas and ITVX new app is due soon too it's just the full launch coming 8th December.

At first I found the Playlist a nightmare but once you get your head around it then it does work reasonably well. I use the Play Now rail all the time and I keep it up to date.

It does need a remove or watched option for the Play Now rail as FF is a really poor workaround but FF does work and takes 30 secs or so.

100% the latest episode should always show first in the Playlist but that's coming in the update too.

This message was authored by SillyString This message was authored by: SillyString

I'd like to have an old-style list of programs instead of huge tiles. I'd also like to sort it using the standard sort options (a-z, z-a, oldest, newest etc). Something to mark when a new episode is available. The playlist is too junky but I do like having the back catalogue of a series available without searching for it.  

What I would love most of all is for the programs which I've already pressed the "remove from list" button to y'know, actually disappear. I've currently got 4 sports programs and 1 TV program which I've removed from my playlist but are still sitting there. When I go into them, it even says "add to playlist." I've tried adding them and removing again. I've done an app refresh.  5 months after the Tour de France those programs are still showing in the playlist. 

This message was authored by Ed.B. This message was authored by: Ed.B.

@Petzhou wrote:

I love my Sky Glass but the playlist has to be the most ill thought out addition to Sky TV ever!!!! Adding items - series you don't want. Adding random programmes from nowhere (ITV Hub) that are impossible to delete and impossible to fast forward. The whole thing needs a rethink Sky - are you listening???????

They market it as 'Recordings-only better' (https://youtu.be/MZV7lyOWufk)

This is a basic lie - it simply isn't fit for purpose as you've discovered. Some programmes say 'recorded', others just don't appear when you've added them to playlist etc.

I don't understand why is not a simple matter of marking a programme as 'recorded' in the planner and being able to stream it any time after it has begun, just as you would with a Q recording. 

Anything 'recorded' in playlist should stay there until you've watched it in its entirety and/or confirmed you want to 'delete' it.

But I'm just a 25-year customer and user, not a dev...

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

@Ed.B. 

Yeah would be nice if there was a recorded section and a app linked section on playlist.

Petzhou
Topic Author

Thank you all for your posts - it helps to know other people are suffering !! The maddest thing about the ITV hub is no matter what I do I cannot delete or get the programmes to fast forward! So I am stuck with playing This Morning and Coronation Street until they end and then ome off the playlist!! Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Luckily the sky plays in a separate room so I can play them out early morning. As one contributer remarked the ITV hub is indeed a dog.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Petzhou you can fast forward through ads on ITV Hub if you know how.  Simply bring up the controlls by pressing select  press right to move to the  forward icon and press select to cycle through the speeds, Its not great but as pointed out ITV Hub is going within a month.. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Petzhou
Topic Author

That's fine being able to FF through the adverts but it means you have to watch the programmes. I'd stick red hot pokers in my eyes before I'd watch Coronation Street or Phil and Hollie!

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@Petzhou wrote:

That's fine being able to FF through the adverts but it means you have to watch the programmes. I'd stick red hot pokers in my eyes before I'd watch Coronation Street or Phil and Hollie!

Presumably, though, you can use the instructions above to FF the entire program. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD

@Petzhou 

You can fast forward through the shows same day least it's being replaced in less then a month by itv x really hope it works better. 

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

With itv hub and All4 I just took out AD free subscription no ADS smooth service even for ITV Hub. They offer free trials so it's worth giving it a go.

This message was authored by PSC133 This message was authored by: PSC133

The added frustration of "fast" forwarding through the many, many, ads on ITV Hub is that it isn't "fast" at a maximum of 6 times speed.  

I don't watch many ITV programmes but when I do on Stream the torture was just too great and so I have just subscribed to the Hub to banish them.  The effect is like the sun bursting through the clouds on a grey day.  Free for a week and then £3.99 a month.  It could definitely be argued that Sky subscribers shouldn't have to pay this but as I'm saving £17 a month over my previous Q subscription it was worth a punt.

I will investigate any improvements that ITVX might make before deciding whether to continue the extra payment.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion