Discussion topic: Transfering Recorded Programs from the Old Sky+ HD box

This message was authored by christophercharle This message was authored by: christophercharle

Transfering Recorded Programs from the Old Sky+ HD box

Hi there,  I have 2 old Sky+ HD boxes which have programs on that my family are in.  I want to transfer them from the box to a PC harddrive. I have a video capture device which mirrors the sky box but when I link them up the Sky box say it is initialising and to come back later.    Nothing happens after that?  I have done a hard reset of the software but still get the same answers.   How can I get these videos transfered?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Transfering Recorded Programs from the Old Sky+ HD box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You need your Sky box attached to a dish with a current active Sky subscription (viewing card) before the box will initialise and provide playback

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )
christophercharle
Topic Author
This message was authored by christophercharle This message was authored by: christophercharle

I have the Sky+ box attached to a video capture card and then connect to my PC  but the sky box will not show any recording on Planner it just says your box is still initialising?

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

As I said above, the Sky+ need to be connected to a dish or it will not initialise

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion