Discussion topic: Stream remote completely unresponsive

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by NamronUK This message was authored by: NamronUK

Re: The sky stream remote is not working

Both of my Sky Stream pucks/remotes have now stopped controlling the volume of their connected TV - but it worked on both of them for the frist day.

Have tried resetting things, but with no success.

I'll use the TV remotes to control the volume for now, but let's hope a software update can fix this soon.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CardiffMan1992 wrote:

Ithis is the 2020s remotes working on any device have been simple to get working for decades.

To be fair, they probably weren't doing Voice Control over Bluetooth back then...

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by MURRAYC3 This message was authored by: MURRAYC3

Just received my sky stream in the post and plugged it in but the remote isn't working and there's been no instructions on the screen to pair it. Once I turned it on it I got a screen saying I'm connected to the internet and a continue button. But I can't move past this! Batteries are connected and I've tried the 1+3 thing a few times! Any advice? I hope I haven't received a dud remote.

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

@NamronUK wrote:

Both of my Sky Stream pucks/remotes have now stopped controlling the volume of their connected TV - but it worked on both of them for the frist day.

Have tried resetting things, but with no success.

I'll use the TV remotes to control the volume for now, but let's hope a software update can fix this soon.

Yeah, mine did that. Controlled the TV volume fine for a few days then suddenly decided it didn't want to and said the batteries needed replacing. They don't.

I left it for a couple of days while I waited for Sky to send a new one, then miraculously it now can control the volume again and the batteries don't need replacing. It's got a mind of its own. And I've got another remote for no real reason... eBay maybe?  

This message was authored by Iain0001 This message was authored by: Iain0001

Spoke to Sky today, they admitted that there is an intermitent fault with the remotes which they have no fix for or a timescale to come up with one.

I expressed my dissatisfaction with this particualy as I had paid for the equipment and the service isnt exactly cheap, I have agreed to continue on using the service until the end of my cooling off period and will cancel if the issue isnt resolved.

Very disappointing from Sky.

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

@Iain0001 

Glad they acknowledged the issue shame they have no timeline to fix what should be such a simple thing as a remote for a device.

This message was authored by MURRAYC3 This message was authored by: MURRAYC3

Sky stream setup not working

Just received my sky stream in the post and plugged it in but the remote isn't working and there's been no instructions on the screen to pair it. Once I turned it on it I got a screen saying I'm connected to the internet (via Ethernet) and a continue icon. But I can't move past this! Batteries are connected correctly and I've tried the 1+3 thing a few times! Any advice? I hope I haven't received a dud remote.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Sky stream setup not working

1. Press and hold 7 and 9 together on your Sky remote for three seconds.
  2. Press and hold 4 and 6 together for three seconds.
  3. Press and hold 1 and 3 together for three seconds and follow the on-screen instructions.

More details -

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-tv/sky-tv-glass/using-sky-glass/using-sky-glass-remote/articles/yo...

if that doesn't work call sky 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. Gibson les paul tribute. Gibson les paul junior. Fender telecaster. Epiphone billie joe .. rock on
This message was authored by Daveed This message was authored by: Daveed

Sky glass disastrous first day!

Decided to move from Sky q to glass.

Arrived to day and unboxed by helpful delivery men. Before they left was handed a remote and three boxed pucks. 
Attempted to set up and initially all seemed ok. 
Then discovered the remote would not work at all.

Contacted Sky and on phone for half an hour but the agent not able to help in spite of trying various things with my help.

I then suggested trying a remote from one of the pucks. Lo and behold it worked straight away. The lady is ringing me back tomorrow to confirm this remote is still not working and will arrange a replacement if that's the case.

Then I attempted to set up a puck for another tv. Over three hours later on the phone to three different agents and then attempting to set up another puck without success with their help still nothing. Being called back tomorrow am to continue the saga and if no joy will be escalated to on high. Not impressed considering that on Sky q set up multi room without a hitch and in no time

.Am I alone in my woes because to say the least it is a total joke.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: Sky glass disastrous first day!

Sadly you are not alone! There appears to be several customers with your same issue lately. Seems there is a bad batch of remotes maybe!

Further woes for users experiencing a variety of buggy issues.

Good luck.hope you get it sorted soon.

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

Re: Sky glass disastrous first day!

Your not alone there is definetly a significant amount of remotes that are bad.

This message was authored by Carnoch04 This message was authored by: Carnoch04

Re: Stream remote completely unresponsive

UPDATE: My new remote was due today but was delayed by the postal strike but after a day and a half of no response, my remote has started working again! 

Very bizarre glad it's started working for you out of no-where.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@CardiffMan1992 and others see this post from Sky where they confirm they are aware of the issuecwhere remotes wont work then start all by themselves.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by trueblue77 This message was authored by: trueblue77

My own experience last week was of a completely dead remote, with no backlight and initially a low battery indicator on screen.

Reseating/changing the batteries multiple times, and a whack on the palm of my hand, solved the problem...for now.

Other posters have experienced similar so it looks like maybe a tolerance issue within the battery compartment on some batches, aswell as the glitch they're looking in to.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion