Discussion topic: Stream remote completely unresponsive

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by CoffeeDrinker This message was authored by: CoffeeDrinker

Re: Stream remote completely unresponsive

Had to call for a replacement remote for the puck in use downstairs; it'd been temperamental in the week and a half since we've had Glass+Stream/puck. Remote finally gave up the ghost yesterday with no backlight, repairing sequence completely unresponsive etc.

Called Sky yesterday who were great; sending a replacement out. Will hopefully be here sooner rather than later. In the meanwhile the working remote from Glass TV upstairs is now getting paired and repaired between the TV and the puck as needed. At least we'll be able to watch today's episode of TLOU on the downstairs system.

Q: For others that have had their remote replaced by Sky, how long has it taken between calling them and receiving the remote?

Sky Glass & Streak Puck customer w/Sky Entertainments & Netflix, Sky Cinema, Whole Home & UHD/Dolby Atmos add-on.
This message was authored by PSC133 This message was authored by: PSC133

@CoffeeDrinker 
If you look at post 719 you will see that mine arrived in two days.  
I don't know whether this is the case for everybody but my equipment has always been delivered by DPD.  When my Sky Pucks were delivered I was given tracking information, but I have not been given tracking information for the 3 remotes that I have had replaced so far.  (I have 6 pucks so I'm likely to have to get another 3 remotes.)  
The DPD delivery driver needs to take photographic evidence of a successful delivery so I suspect that if there is no one at home to take delivery then the delivery will fail so it is frustrating that tracking information isn't given for remotes.

I suspect that, because of the large numbers of remotes that Sky are having to supply, they are using a cheaper DPD delivery method which doesn't include tracking.

This is my own experience, others may differ.

This message was authored by CoffeeDrinker This message was authored by: CoffeeDrinker

@PSC133 Appreciate your informative reply! 👍

The Sky call centre lass I spoke to did take my mobile number for 'tracking purposes', which I assumed to be for the remote itself. My job allows me to work from home if needs be, so I'll WFH tomorrow and Wednesday on the off-chance the courier needs a signature/photo. 

Sky Glass & Streak Puck customer w/Sky Entertainments & Netflix, Sky Cinema, Whole Home & UHD/Dolby Atmos add-on.
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If a sky Q remote needs replacing there is a link you can use to request a replacement https://www.sky.com/help/articles/lost-stolen-damaged-sky-q-equipment#get-in-touch 

Is there a similar link for getting a replacement Sky Glass remote as I have not been able to find one and it would be simpler than having to hold in a queue waiting to get through to Customer Services.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by KJB13 This message was authored by: KJB13

My Sky Stream remote has been on/off since I received it in Autumn 2022.  Promised a new one in December... Nothing yet.  Now doesn't work.  Unlike the direct debit payment which seems to work just fine strangely enough 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@KJB13  I'd contact them again. With all the replacement remotes being requested I suspect yours has been overlooked. 
If you have a Sky Q remote available it will work whilst you wait for your stream replacement. 

This message was authored by Ollysky This message was authored by: Ollysky

Same here, nothing working, tried the 79,46,13. Nothing. Useless.

This message was authored by KJB13 This message was authored by: KJB13

What a write off.  Mine is tempremental but sounds useless what you have there.  Should be MUCH better 

This message was authored by Gerard50 This message was authored by: Gerard50

The second of my 3 remotes has now become unresponsive, tried pressing and holding 7 and 9 for 3 seconds then holding 1 and 3 together for 3 seconds. Nothing happens, the remote doesn't even light up, changed batteries twice nothing.

Tried holding 7 and 9 for 3 sec, 4 and 6 for 3 seconds, 1 and 3 together for 3 seconds still nothing, no lights nothing. This the second remote that has gone unresponsive on me, i got a replacement for the first one which seems to be working ok now but the second one is now unresponsive, there seems to be some major issue with these remotes. Sky please sort this out soon.

This message was authored by reureu This message was authored by: reureu

2 our of 3 remotes not working as of this morning.. all batteries replaced and the 1&3 / 4&6 / 7&9 trick does nothing at all

what has been everyones fix?  Is it new remotes needed?

This message was authored by Mjstrong This message was authored by: Mjstrong

Does ANYONE actually read the thread? 🤷‍♂️

This message was authored by Mads+Hatch This message was authored by: Mads+Hatch

I know this sounds crazy but sky's advice  was to hold the remote in both hands and twist it as it is thought the fault is due to ooose connection. Weirdly this worked 

@Mads+HatchThe twisting method does not work for every situation but loads of people on this forum have said it worked for them.  A couple of months ago I dropped my remote and it stopped working.  I gave it a good twist and it has worked ever since 😀.  I'm tempting fate now 🤞.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion