Discussion topic: SkyQ not connecting to Internet

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Re: SkyQ not connecting to Internet

Posted by a Sky employee

@Steph123454321 by the looks of all the various tech issues you seem to be experiencing, it may be better for you to call Sky, please click here and scroll down to and click "Yes, i still need help?" then "call us" then you will see a number to call. This way FULL troubleshooting can be carried out by an agent before booking an engineer.

Hope this helps

Steph123454321
Topic Author
This message was authored by Steph123454321 This message was authored by: Steph123454321

Will do I'll call now. Thanks 

This message was authored by Bs627 This message was authored by: Bs627

I'm having this issue, did you ever get it resolved or a new box?

This message was authored by Vango This message was authored by: Vango

Login to your router, go to firewall/security settings and check that the router is not set to deny ping. Perhaps turn off defence against denial of service attack as well in case over pinging has made the router block the box.

Setting deny ping immediately causes box not to connect to internet.

This message was authored by Kathryn69 This message was authored by: Kathryn69

I have exactly same problem since router upgrade. No Internet or apps working. Have followed all suggestions on forums and help. What next? Attempt a phone call????

This message was authored by Vango This message was authored by: Vango

@Kathryn69 A router upgrade might require the new router's mac address to be paired with your IP at the provider. A call to the provider should be made to configure the modem if you have no internet at all. 

This message was authored by Kathryn69 This message was authored by: Kathryn69

I have internet for all other devices other than A box

This message was authored by wardieward10 This message was authored by: wardieward10

Did you get the problem fixed? We are having the same problem here.

Cheers

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion