Discussion topic: Sky broadband retention deals

This message was authored by 94 This message was authored by: 94

Sky broadband retention deals

Hi has anyone managed to get broadband cheaper when you've told sky your going to another provider.  I understand sky are under no obligation to offer discounts or deals but 

my latest deal is coming to an end I'm currently paying £14 that's for the old slow adsl broadband as that's all I can get. 
I can get a package with BT for £15 and sky offer the price of £17 to new customers. But I'm being told the cheapest they can do the broadband for this time is around the £28 mark. just curious to see how other long term broadband customers are getting on getting a deal.   Also if anyone is with BT how would you rate it. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Sky broadband retention deals

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@94  Deals are custom specific so what customer a get's doesn't  mean customer  b will get the same , your best option is to phone and see what Sky can offer you if they choose to 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@94  Offers can vary from customer to to customer, if one gets a cheaper deal doesn't mean another will.   You can choose to take the offer or go to another provider.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by mogseymoo This message was authored by: mogseymoo

You need to go through sky retentions not sales. You need to insist you want to be put through because the retentions team are authorised to offer far larger discounts. I have done my homework first and found the cheapest comparable deal offered through virgin etc then go to retentions. I usually get a very decent discount this way. Far far higher than what is offwrwd through the sales department. For example i was offered a £20 a month discount through sales but retentions offered me a £50+ a month discount (full package). Its worth playing hardball for the 50% discount. If they don't give you what you want say you will leave. You have to give them 30 days notice. You may find they then come back to you with a better offer if you wait. If not go with the cheaper provider

This message was authored by mogseymoo This message was authored by: mogseymoo

For internet only deals the line rental is a set fee so how much discount you will get might be dependent on that but negotiate. You have nothing to loose but be firm . Don't fall for the sales team tactics! They cannot offer you the same discounts

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion