Discussion topic: Sky On Demand Slow Download

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by pebzter This message was authored by: pebzter

Re: Sky On Demand Slow Download

I recently upgraded to fibre at 100Mbps.  All works well except for Catchup.  It usually bombs out straight after downloading starts or 1 or2% in with a blue screen saying please contact sky for the full service.

I have changed DNS and no luck.  SKy have sent in an engineer who reset the box back at sky and tried everything else he could.

Maybe a silly question but could Sky+hd (2Tb) possibly have an issue if the bandwidth is too high.  Any other suggestions welcome?

This message was authored by vikkoy This message was authored by: vikkoy

I think to be totally honest i think your culprits your sky box, these things are incredibly cheap, u can feel it from the buttons and response time, as well as all the ports loose their grip. Just not built to last. By low sell high lol. But honestly i think thats were the problem lies.

This message was authored by janinka2005 This message was authored by: janinka2005

I went to network pressed the green button and nothing happens, what am I doing wrong please?

This message was authored by janinka2005 This message was authored by: janinka2005

@Fletcher+Jones  Hi I am trying to follow your instructions to fix my sky q box but I cannot seem to get the same results as you can you help please?

This message was authored by Fletcher+Jones This message was authored by: Fletcher+Jones

My suggestion is for Sky+ HD, not Sky Q. You need a different thread...

This message was authored by 475381 This message was authored by: 475381

Download is really slow is there something I can change in setting ?

This message was authored by Hubertus This message was authored by: Hubertus

I know this thread is about a year old but I am having this issue now - None of these solutions have worked for me so far. - My Sky+ box is hardwired ethernet with fixed IP on the Sky+ box and my internet connection is also fixed IP - I have about 20Mbps download speed (1Mbps up) with everything else but the Sky+ box will only utilize between 1 and 2 Mbps. This only started recently and the box would use all my available bandwith whne possible.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion