Discussion topic: Can a Sky Wireless WiFi Adapter Connector SC201 be used in place of a Sky SD 501 Connector?

This message was authored by MichaelBere This message was authored by: MichaelBere

Can a Sky Wireless WiFi Adapter Connector SC201 be used in place of a Sky SD 501 Connector?

A friend of mine has a Sky SD501 Connector (on a Sky+ Box) that seems to have stopped working.

I have a Sky Wireless WiFi Adapter Connector SC201  with RJ45 Ethernet connections that I no longer use, as my later 2TB Box had built-in modem.

Can the SC201 be used as is instead of the SD501 on my friend's Sky+ BOx?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Can a Sky Wireless WiFi Adapter Connector SC201 be used in place of a Sky SD 501 Connector?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I haven't tried it, but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. You'll need the the power supply that comes with the SC201 of course.

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Can a Sky Wireless WiFi Adapter Connector SC201 be used in place of a Sky SD 501 Connector?

I haven't tried it, but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. You'll need the the power supply that comes with the SC201 of course.

MichaelBere
Topic Author
This message was authored by MichaelBere This message was authored by: MichaelBere

Thanks Mark39 for that. Yes, have the power supply. So will try it. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

If you have a moment to let is know how you get on, it would satisfy my curiosity!

MichaelBere
Topic Author

Certainly will do. Have posted it to another part of the country. So will be a few days. Thanks. 

MichaelBere
Topic Author

Hello Mark39. Glad to say that, as you surmised, the SC201 works grand in its new home. Their Sky+ Box has a RJ56 connector so takes the "new" one. I gather the connector on SD501 is of the mini type. Thanks again. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Good to hear, @MichaelBere. Many thanks for letting us know. 🙂

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion