Discussion topic: Freesat from Sky

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Freesat from Sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi,

I have an old sky+ HD sat box would that be compliant with freesat from Sky ? Would there be a premium for recording and viewing in 1080p ? And i assume i'd need to buy a new free to air/view videoguard card as the one i found in it is as old as the hills 😃

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Freesat from Sky

I don't know if this is still an option but if it is it would cost about £11 a month for Sky to activate the plus features of the box so you can record and pause etc. You would need to call them to arrange this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

I don't know if this is still an option but if it is it would cost about £11 a month for Sky to activate the plus features of the box so you can record and pause etc. You would need to call them to arrange this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
cookiemonsteruk
Topic Author
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@caesarome 

But doable ?

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

If you are a Sky Q customer then you might have an issue with the LNB on the dish which would have been changed to accommodate your Q box so that apart I guess so but as I said I'm not sure if Sky does £11 "plus" packages anymore so you would need to call them and discuss this with them.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@cookiemonsteruk 

A quick calculation would suggest that a brand new CommScope UHD FreeSat recorder would cost less than 18 months subscription to 'Freesat from Sky' and actually be 'free' thereafter.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion