Discussion topic: Returning equipemt

This message was authored by ieva50 This message was authored by: ieva50

Returning equipemt

Hi there,  Iam totally frustrated , have returned broadband equipment right int ohands of ingenere however they stil l sending me this msg of not returning and now i will be chanrged . So I dont have any prrof as he did it online striaght away and said it is all deald with . To get trought them is a nighmare and takes ages they dont even get that I did returned my item straight away . Hoesntly soo Angry as ever as it happens for the second time. The annoying thing is that I didnt asked for equipment they send me two sets and it was them mistake not my for what I have to pay now ,,already bill is too high now this .. jsut want to get off this sky thing I really have fed up with them . Have been for 11 yrs and thought they would have some more respect for long tiem costumers .. ehh not dont what to .  

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Returning equipemt

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ieva50 Without proof of postage refunds are at sky's discretion so to see if they will I’ve escalated your post to sky community chat who hopefully will be in contact and send you a private community message/email so I would recommend that if not already on, you turn email/private message notifications on to avoid missing any alerts

So look out for a chat bubble across the bottom of the screen when logged onto the forum

This link explains how this works

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Be reassured the email & message is from Sky and your details are safe and secure.

Once you receive an invite you’ll have 48 hours to initiate a chat before it automatically times out, also ensure you login to the forum periodically for 48 hours after receiving the invite and check the chat bubble for any responses from sky and make sure you respond to each message from sky within 48 hours of each message, or the chat will time out again

NB 1 If your post has been escalated for a non return fee issue please note proof of postage is required without it refunds are at sky’s discretion

NB 2 If you are using Safari please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the chat bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Chrome

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@ieva50  Sadly giving it to the engineer isn't proof it been returned, you shoukd have returned the hub using the correct proess where you would have then had proof of postage.

It will be at Skys discretion if they don't charge for the missing item.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

ieva50
Topic Author
This message was authored by ieva50 This message was authored by: ieva50

See, in my accoutn they have told  I can safely return to ingenere as he was right at my home then after the house move ,of course if I would knownn .. however I had bad expierence returnign it trought post ,happend the same thing , ended up paying but this time thought will be safer and he did ticked the box and had shown me that it is all done.. so it is confusing now ,but thank yo ufor your reply 

This message was authored by J+Keir This message was authored by: J+Keir

I've had same annoying messages since I returned all their equipment on September 26th!!!! I sent them proof of postage and emailed customer service several times. I thought they would sort it but TODAY yet another message saying if I don't return equipment by November 11th they will charge me £50.00 !!!  I have been a customer of Sky for many years but if they charge me for equipment I have definitely returned it will be goodbye SKY 🤬 I will be furious and not accept them just taking money they have no right to take. So I will be checking my account !!

J.K. 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@J+Keir  As Sky don't use email as a form of contact then any emails you sent went anynwhere but Sky Customers services.

Have you called them about it?  Threats to leave in a public forum  won't get any action from Sky.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

I went through Sky complaints and have received emails in response. I sent their equipment by Royal Mail in the box they sent to me for returns. I kept proof of postage and sent proof of that in an email which they responded to. Yet today it starts all over again. It is no threat to say I will end Sky if they charge me. It is a fact. I will not accept them taking money they have no right to. I followed every procedure they asked of me. What kind of customer service is that!

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@J+Keir wrote:

I kept proof of postage and sent proof of that in an email which they responded to. 

@J+Keir 

What was the last update from Sky to you sending in the proof of posting? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

They apologised and informed me that I hadn't been charged. They said they value customers who have stayed with Sky for a long time. Now today I get their message saying I have till November 11th to return or they will take £50 from my account. How is that ok or understandable? 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@J+Keir 

To try to get this resolved once and for all I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Escalation Team may get in touch with you tomorrow. 

Look out for an email and also a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. Once that speech bubble appears you only have 48 hours to join the private chat with a Sky expert or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to each message from Sky within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread regularly.

You need to make sure that your email/private message notifications are switched to ‘on’ to avoid missing the alerts.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014
If you are using Safari also make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the chat bubble. If you have trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

Sky customer since 2001

Thank you for the support. I shall watch for email. I am elderly and have painful hands so I don't usually do chat bubbles. 
Hopefully this time it is resolved by email. 

I had an email from sky escalation team. They say they have tried contacting me but no reply. No one has rang me so I am still no wiser. However I had contacted my original email link to Sky complaints and I had another email from them. They had tracked my return and say they see my parcel was returned and to ignore any further messages I may get.. When I see how many other sky customers are having the same problems with Sky it's a shambles. I wait to see if the Sky complaints has stopped this. Whoever handles returns in sky is causing distress for so many people and it's disgraceful.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@J+Keir  No one will call you as the escalation process doesn't work like that, do you see and red/blue chat bubble across the bottom of the forum page when logged in

if so you need to click on that and follow the on screen instructions, note replies are instant

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

@J+Keir 

Hopefully your earlier interaction with Sky did the trick then. It wouldn't have been the Escalation Team as they contact you through the forum, not by phone and apart from a notification that your chat has been opened they don't email you. For your information Sky outsource the returns process to Unipart who are not the most organised. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@J+Keir wrote:

I had an email from sky escalation team

Are you sure that this email wasn't just telling you that they are trying to contact you because if this is what it is then you should see the chat bubble at the bottom of the page like the one shown in the image here:

https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion