Discussion topic: Paying sky although I am not a customer of sky.

This message was authored by andymuggedoff This message was authored by: andymuggedoff

Paying sky although I am not a customer of sky.

Sky has taken money out of my bank account and I am not a customer of sky. How do I get the money back?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Paying sky although I am not a customer of sky.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@andymuggedoff  How was the payment taken, have you allowed your card ton be used by a family member of friend recently?

Have you contacted you bank to query the payment?  How much is it for?

Have you ever had Sky?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@andymuggedoff  Have you ever had sky services before and recently cancelled?

have you ever given your payment details to friends or family members in the past to make Sky payment 

what's the description on your statement 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@andymuggedoff wrote:

Sky has taken money out of my bank account and I am not a customer of sky. How do I get the money back?

Tell us the whole story.

andymuggedoff
Topic Author
This message was authored by andymuggedoff This message was authored by: andymuggedoff

Bank not open can't query payment can only cancel payments id previously used debit 8 months ago when cancelled, sky reattivated old direct debt after 6months  for last  3 months without me noticing for just over 14pounds. Fraud and Finiancial Ombudsman I am thinking since they will not allow email contact and calling them only leads to them wanting your bank details with no other option.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

You are still not telling us the full story and what you are saying is difficult to understand.

@andymuggedoff wrote:

can only cancel payments id previously used debit 8 months ago when cancelled, sky reattivated old direct debt after 6months

Are you saying you have been a customer of Sky in the past, if so how and when did you cancel and did you get confirmation that they have accepted your request to cancel ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@andymuggedoff Can you not call your bank's customer service? Most if not all are open 7 days a week.

Something I don't quite find right is Sky reactivating a cancelled direct debit, they simply don't have the authority to do so, no business does and they wouldn't risk the fines that would inevitably be handed to them for doing so.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
andymuggedoff
Topic Author

Good Idea that's what I will do as they are only open on a sat morning it was my first thought to go in tell them but didn't make it, and although I have cancelled it sky seem to be able to re-use it, so my concern was whats to stop them doing it again plus just now I phoned sky and they told me I will incur charges for my unpaid debt and be disconnected after a month if I still do not pay! Pay for what I am not a customer and wish I could say I never was lol.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@andymuggedoff wrote:

....they told me I will incur charges for my unpaid debt and be disconnected after a month if I still do not pay! 

Would that be disconnected from a phone/broadband service? Is that what you cancelled?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion