Discussion topic: Remote won’t switch off TV

This message was authored by WilkesJNR This message was authored by: WilkesJNR

Remote won’t switch off TV

Hello,

I've purchased a new TV (SONY - BRAVIA XR50X90JU) and my sky Remote won't switch it off. Volume control works fine and the tv switches on automatically when powering up the sky Q box.

I can't find this specific model listed and I've tried all 13 preset options for Sony but none allow me to switch off.

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this as it's driving me up the wall!!

Thanks.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

Re: Remote won’t switch off TV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@WilkesJNR wrote:

Hello,

I've purchased a new TV (SONY - BRAVIA XR50X90JU) and my sky Remote won't switch it off. Volume control works fine and the tv switches on automatically when powering up the sky Q box.

I can't find this specific model listed and I've tried all 13 preset options for Sony but none allow me to switch off.

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this as it's driving me up the wall!!

Thanks.

You are doing a long press to turn your tv off?

I am just another Sky customer!
WilkesJNR
Topic Author
This message was authored by WilkesJNR This message was authored by: WilkesJNR

Re: Remote won’t switch off TV

Yes. Exactly the same as my previous tv (Samsung) but nothing.

I've held it down that long in the end it brings up a menu to restart the TV! Lol!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion