Discussion topic: Alibi channel NOT recording - message says I have to upgrade your subscription - brought by UKTV

This message was authored by clive7 This message was authored by: clive7

Alibi channel NOT recording - message says I have to upgrade your subscription - brought by UKTV

Several different series I have on record now won't show. I have message to say I have to upgrade my subscription , but I haven't changed it.

Best Answers
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: Alibi channel NOT recording - message says I have to upgrade your subscription - brought by UKTV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @clive7 

The first thing I would suggest to try is to restart your main SKY Q box :

Use the remote to place it into standby mode

Then remove the power to it (either switch off at mains or remove the power plug)

Wait at least 30s

Then re-apply the power & wait for it to fully restart - this may take a few minutes.

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99 Answer

Re: Alibi channel NOT recording - message says I have to upgrade your subscription - brought by UKTV

hi @clive7 

The first thing I would suggest to try is to restart your main SKY Q box :

Use the remote to place it into standby mode

Then remove the power to it (either switch off at mains or remove the power plug)

Wait at least 30s

Then re-apply the power & wait for it to fully restart - this may take a few minutes.

clive7
Topic Author

Thanks for suggestion. The restart hasn't worked for existing recordings I can't access, so I'm trying to re-record from this point onwards.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Sorry that didn't work @clive7 

I presume you haven't downgrade your sub to remove  HD & the recordings are in HD ?

Just in case there is something wrong with the recordings can you give  some examples - I watch a lot on Alibi and there is a vague possibility that I  have recorded one that you are having problems with to see if i also get an error

clive7
Topic Author

Ah, thanks,

It could be in my 'argument' with Sky a few weeks ago that I agreed to stop HD on non-freeview channels. I didn't foresee this problem.  I'll have to f/up with Sky again.

Thanks for help

This message was authored by Madeleine149 This message was authored by: Madeleine149

Re: Alibi channel NOT recording - message says I have to upgrade your subscription

Hello I'm new here. Suddenly yesterday my q box stopped letting me access many channels, as others comes up upgrade subscription but I haven't changed my subscription and I don't have HD.

tried turning box off then back on but nothing has changed. Is there anything else I can try please?

clive7
Topic Author

I'll ring Sky later.  Recordings affected: Miss Fisher, Murdoch, Death in Paradise.

This message was authored by Rhonny This message was authored by: Rhonny

Re: Alibi channel NOT recording - message says I have to upgrade your subscription

@Madeleine149

Won't let you access channels or won't let you download? If you don't have HD then don't try to watch HD channels and don't try to download HD versions of shows. 

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@Madeleine149 wrote:

Hello I'm new here. Suddenly yesterday my q box stopped letting me access many channels, as others comes up upgrade subscription but I haven't changed my subscription and I don't have HD.

tried turning box off then back on but nothing has changed. Is there anything else I can try please?

@Madeleine149  Are you sure the channels your trying to access are SD channels. Can you give us some channel numbers you are trying ?

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband

@clive7

Have you tried downloading them in SD instead of HD as you don't have the HD pack? 

This message was authored by Madeleine149 This message was authored by: Madeleine149

Won't let me access channels and they are not had ones. Thank you for helping

Channels it suddenly won't let me access my recordings of include alibi ( not had one) witness drama.

Let me be clear I am not trying to access recordings that are HD. Thanks everyone for trying to help I'm disabled so spend a lot of time watching tv!

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

hi @Madeleine149 

I suggest you do the power down reset I suggested to the other person with problems at the start of this discussion

If that doesn't work, then you probably need to call SKY

@Madeleine149

Can you be clearer - do you mean recordings or downloads? Were they recorded live or downloaded later?

If recordings, are you absolutely certain you didn't record them from an HD channel? 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion