Discussion topic: Playlist refresh now live.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Playlist refresh now live.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Were there any improvements in the iPlayer update @Anonymous ?

I'm looking forward to the ITVX release on 5th December as the ITV hub does not work very well with Sky Glass.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Jong99 This message was authored by: Jong99

Still no HDR in the new Apple TV iPlayer app 😔. Does the Apple TV 4K even do HLG? Honestly don't know.

@Fothergill1 So far as I can see there is still no UHD and no subtitles - even though you can select cc subtitles none appear. The only change I've noticed is the app has now got the updated logo. Not bad since the last update in June 2020 👎

LG OLED65B1 • Apple TV 4K • Sky Superfast BB
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Fothergill1 not really had a good look, only noticed it on my way out.

@Jong99 the 2022 model definitely does.

@Jporch316 Netflix is a pain, had the same issue, with search and voice search 

This message was authored by arandomusername This message was authored by: arandomusername

For me, this update is much better and makes a lot more sense now. Now I'm just waiting for the "Play from Start" button without playing live and getting spoilers! 

This message was authored by Freddieboy69 This message was authored by: Freddieboy69

I'm really happy with the new 'Playlist' and 'Contine Watching' functions,really straightforward and all the content neatly arranged as it should be, cheers Sky, a great addition 

This message was authored by Ed.B. This message was authored by: Ed.B.

@SkaroKaled wrote:

@Anonymous I agree - seems odd I have to scroll past an entire row of Sky Crime stuff that is being advertised to me even though I've never watched Sky Crime to then get to my continue watching bar.

Also, watched Masterchef tonight and waited until the end credits on purpose (would never have done this on Q) and it still on my continue watching showing at about 80% watched.

It's tiring trying to work around all the inconsistencies and bugs. I want to love this product as I do believe it's the future, but I also just want to watch my programmes with ease. Very tempted to go back to Q as Stream really doesn't feel ready for prime time.

I think the general consensus remains 'if you can get Q, you should get Q'.

I can't, so stream is an ideal but horribly buggy and poorly designed alternative. 

It has definite benefits, such as being able to watch UHD in any room, and the picture quality in regular HD is superb. 

But playlist is absolutely no substitute for recording. 

This message was authored by Freddieboy69 This message was authored by: Freddieboy69

Just to add, have finished watching a few programmes that were in my 'continue watching' tab, went back to live tv, when i went back these shows have now been removed from 'continue watching' the other half thinks this is now superior to q and its quirky recording process😱 got to be honest I'm also finding it a breeze to use now.

*deleted* (replaced with post below, which quotes the post it was commenting on!)

@Ed.B. wrote:

@SkaroKaled wrote:

@Anonymous I agree - seems odd I have to scroll past an entire row of Sky Crime stuff that is being advertised to me even though I've never watched Sky Crime to then get to my continue watching bar.

Also, watched Masterchef tonight and waited until the end credits on purpose (would never have done this on Q) and it still on my continue watching showing at about 80% watched.

It's tiring trying to work around all the inconsistencies and bugs. I want to love this product as I do believe it's the future, but I also just want to watch my programmes with ease. Very tempted to go back to Q as Stream really doesn't feel ready for prime time.

I can't, so stream is an ideal but horribly buggy and poorly designed alternative. 

It has definite benefits, such as being able to watch UHD in any room, and the picture quality in regular HD is superb. 

Personally I don't agree.

I had Q for 5 years. When I got it I still wanted as many tuners as I could get and extensively used it to record. By the end I was barely recording anything. It was a very expensive way of basically just watching Sky On-demand.

No doubt Q is more mature but I'm fully down for the streaming, satellite -free future!

@Jong99 wrote:

@Ed.B. wrote:

@SkaroKaled wrote:

Personally I don't agree.

I had Q for 5 years. When I got it I still wanted as many tuners as I could get and extensively used it to record. By the end I was barely recording anything. It was a very expensive way of basically just watching Sky On-demand.

No doubt Q is more mature but I'm fully down for the streaming, satellite -free future!

You're probably not an F1 or cricket fan...

This message was authored by SkaroKaled This message was authored by: SkaroKaled

@Ed.B. wrote:

@SkaroKaled wrote:

I don't miss the recording side of Q at all.

Stream promises to be how I want to consume my TV with all my sources aggregated into one easy to use interface - it's just buggy and inconsistent at the moment.  

@Ed.B. wrote:

I'm both and watched/watch both extensively when  free to view on BBC/CH4, but was never prepared to fork out for Sky Sports. Yes a fair weather fan, I know 🤣.

I don't know what the specific issues are with these on Stream, just never seen that discussion, but I'm sure they exist, in which case I understand your frustration. 

No reason though why they should not work just as well streaming. Hopefully, Sky will sort that soon.

@Ed.B. wrote:

Or llike me, they are an F1 and Crcket fan but one that doesn't beleive in watching "live" sport on catch-up. It is only live once as someone once said!

This message was authored by AUS191 This message was authored by: AUS191

Stuff missing from playlist and continue watching doesn't include netflix. 

Is this meant to be an improvement

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion