Discussion topic: Paramount + is coming in 2022

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

Re: Paramount + is coming in 2022

Be aware that according to the initial Sky press release, Paramount+ will be available via a streaming app on Q, not as downloadable content. This may mean that the 'free' service offered to Sky Cinema subscribers is riddled with ads.

There's lots of advertising speak in the press release: "market-leading innovation in addressable advertising" and "renewal of Sky as an ad sales partner" so be prepared for lots of un-skippable ads unless you pay for the premium service. 

There may be a discounted premium subscription available (similar to the Netflix model) but until Sky announce how it's going to work it's all speculation. 

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

Their is only 1 Paramount+ tier outside the US and it's ad free

The advertising speak is referring to Sky Media will continue to handle ad sales across Paramount  (formerly ViacomCBS) portfolio of channels, including Channel 5 in the UK, 

@Timelord2018 wrote:

Their only is 1 Paramount+ tier outside the US and it's ad free

The advertising speak is referring to Sky Media will continue to handle ad sales across Paramount  (formerly ViacomCBS) portfolio of channels, including Channel 5 in the UK, 

Ah, I see. So it's £6.99 or free with Sky Cinema. 

No ad-funded free version like there is in the US for non-Sky customers. 

This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@fizzdisco wrote:

Be aware that according to the initial Sky press release, Paramount+ will be available via a streaming app on Q, not as downloadable content. This may mean that the 'free' service offered to Sky Cinema subscribers is riddled with ads.

There's lots of advertising speak in the press release: "market-leading innovation in addressable advertising" and "renewal of Sky as an ad sales partner" so be prepared for lots of un-skippable ads unless you pay for the premium service. 

There may be a discounted premium subscription available (similar to the Netflix model) but until Sky announce how it's going to work it's all speculation. 

This press release? https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/article/viacomcbs-partners-with-sky-to-launch-paramount-in-europe

Which explains how Sky Media are handling all ad sales across ViacomCBS portfolio of channels?  No mention at all of any advertising on Paramount+ and given that the official Paramount+ pricing announcement only mentions a single price point, I think it's something of a leap to suggest there will be a different version of the Paramount+ service just for Sky Cinema users, with lots of additional advertising.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I just can't see there is going to be anything on it that will interest me. Maybe Strange New Worlds but nothing else in the publicity release is of interest.

I don't subscribe to movies I don't watch enough to justify the cost and certainly wouldn't tie myself into an 18 month contract.

Personally at £6.99 it's too expensive, it needs to be circa £3.99 or max £4.99.

I'll probably give it a go on my Apple TV as subscriptions to services are just a couple of clicks to subscribe and cancel, so easy. Seems there is a 7 day free trial too.

If it floats my boat and Sky does have integration then I may rethink. Its all speculation at this stage until launch.

@rscott wrote:

@fizzdisco wrote:

This press release? https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/article/viacomcbs-partners-with-sky-to-launch-paramount-in-europe

Which explains how Sky Media are handling all ad sales across ViacomCBS portfolio of channels?  No mention at all of any advertising on Paramount+ and given that the official Paramount+ pricing announcement only mentions a single price point, I think it's something of a leap to suggest there will be a different version of the Paramount+ service just for Sky Cinema users, with lots of additional advertising.

Fair point. I'm probably just too used to a lot of US-based apps which operate in this way, so it was speculation on my part. I find un-skippable ads infuriating on some 'free' services.

This message was authored by ozsat This message was authored by: ozsat

Just a FYI - the US version is $4.99 for the ad-funded version and is $9.99 for the ad-free version which still has ads in some (mainbly live) material.

As the UK version will be a cut-down version I'd expect £6.99 to be ad-free.

================================================
SkyQ Silver bundle (V2 2TB with UHD/HDR + two minis) in Sky region #71 (Oxford) using VirginMedia Gig1 Fibre (1.2Gbps/100Mbps).

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

It's $14.99 (£12) including the Showtime content in the US which will be included in the £6.99 UK price.

This message was authored by IanMurray This message was authored by: IanMurray

Paramount Plus UK Date announced

Looks like July is the date!

https://www.empireonline.com/tv/news/paramount-plus-to-launch-in-the-uk-this-june/

some confusing info on some sites, saying Sky Cinema and SKY Q get it for free, others just say Sky Cinema.

Do we have any idea yet about that part? Not looking forward to the possibility of "another" 6.99£ a month if it's not included 😞

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Paramount Plus UK Date announced

@IanMurray   I have merged your post to this existing thread that is discussing the same topic, a new thread isn't required.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

@IanMurray wrote:

https://www.empireonline.com/tv/news/paramount-plus-to-launch-in-the-uk-this-june/

some confusing info on some sites, saying Sky Cinema and SKY Q get it for free, others just say Sky Cinema.

Do we have any idea yet about that part? Not looking forward to the possibility of "another" 6.99£ a month if it's not included 😞

Going by the wording of the original press release, it's included if you have a Sky Cinema subscription. The app should be available on all Q boxes, but if you don't subscribe to Cinema then you'll have to pay the £6.99 to access the content. 

They're being slightly cagey about exactly what will be available on the UK service so I wouldn't get too excited about handing over your cash until we know more. 

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@IanMurray wrote:

@IanMurray Pretty sure it's only 'free' to Sky Cinema subscribers 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD

Unless it"s a oversight in the press release, It doesn't look like CBS and Smithsonian content will be it at launch at least, the Australian version has 20,000 hours never mind the US version.

" Paramount+ will launch in the UK with a broad content slate of more than 8,000 hours of content for the whole family, spanning new and exclusive Paramount+ originals, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from Paramount’s world-renowned brands and production studios, including SHOWTIME®, Paramount Pictures, Comedy Central, MTV and Nickelodeon. ""

This message was authored by danmick This message was authored by: danmick

Any thoughts on what the situation would be for those with Sky Cinema but no Sky Q box? I know Peacock content is available to download through the Sky HD box but can't see any information as to whether this will be the case for Paramount+ as well

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@danmick wrote:

Any thoughts on what the situation would be for those with Sky Cinema but no Sky Q box? I know Peacock content is available to download through the Sky HD box but can't see any information as to whether this will be the case for Paramount+ as well

@danmick I wondered this too, but seeing Paramount+ described as a streaming app would suggest that it won't be available to Sky+HD customers as the Sky+HD box has no ability to use Apps. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion