Discussion topic: New SR203 firmware 5.14.2390.R

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

Re: New SR203 firmware 5.14.2390.R

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Just logged into the hub to check my firmware version using Safari on my iPad and had the same double login issue. Doesn't happen using Edge on our PC.

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K
This message was authored by Mark-Br This message was authored by: Mark-Br

@TomThumb5ive @stereohaven 

Cheers guys - I've forwarded these posts on (alongside Tony's)

Mark
Community Manager

This message was authored by HiQual This message was authored by: HiQual

My wife has been telling my daughter her phone is broken because she can't get through to her.

Today she told me her friend Gill's phone is also broken because she could not reach her either.

Then the penny dropped.  I remembered that the previous 2385 upgrade had broken the voice connection and a reboot was required to fix it so ....

A quick look at the router web page showed me another  new firmware - 5.14.2390R had arrived 2 days ago, but this time the voice service status was "connected" !?

Nevertheless, a reboot has solved the problem - until the next update ?

This message was authored by threetowner This message was authored by: threetowner

Hi all

First time posting here...

I've got an issue with broadband speed and not getting my guaranteed minimum speed. Long story short is that Openreach have been out twice and a Sky Engineer last week.  

Where I'm located I don't get a great speed anyway, but all have confirmed that I'm getting 22Mbs at the master socket but as soon as it goes through the SR203 router it's dropping down to 16/17 Mbs (and my guaranteed speed is 18.3Mbs).

Sky engineer spoke to someone, who confirmed there was a new firmware version available, and that it should fix the drop in speed. The Sky engineer showed me a screen showing that it was supposed to be upgraded overnight last week from 2331 to 2385. But a week later that still hasn't happened and I see that there is now this version available 2390. 

Is there a way to either manually download it or force the router to update it?

I'm just off a painful phonecall to SKY trying to ask if they could force the upgrade through, but the only two options I was given was to download the Sky Hub Recovery Tool (which as far as I can see is for older routers) or that they could cancel my contract as they haven't been able to fix the issue after three engineers....  The call centre person essentially hadn't a clue what I was asking about.

This message was authored by Wolfey This message was authored by: Wolfey

is the new update flawed?  becase my router keeps rebooting its self periodically. every few days. Its getting annoying. Because its generaly slow

I have the latest hub. SR 204 and latest firmware

Can't edit posts? 

Its generaly slow at rebooting. Takes ages.

Or is there anoter new firmware update about to bite ? 

growls

also some BT engineer caused the SNR values to drop somewhat. So if i wanted the Ultrafast+ service i wont see some good improvments i dont think. another growl. 

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

I'm not experiencing slow restarts but my previously flawless Powerline set up (including one mini with WiFi off), has left me scratching my head since the firmware update.

Speed dropped through the floor (max 3.5 mbps) and ping rose to 153ms from 6ms. Swapped both Powerline units out for a spare pair (all 1gbps BT versions), same issue. 

Full resets all round, WiFi on, WiFi off, all to no avail, so I took them out of the equation and reverted to wired main Q box (WiFi off) to Sky Hub, mini connected wirelessly and all is currently stable with correct speeds. 

Nothing new on the wiring circuit and everything already in place appears to be working as it should.

Anyone else with Powerline issues or is it just me?

Who knows. Sounds like their rush job of a patch keeps breaking more things and then a new patch to fix that one etc and now stuck in that loop

Im just referring to how long it takes for the router to come back up after a restart and curious if the firmware is crashing causing it to restart on occasion. Or if sky are pushing out a new patch. My router was sent a restart command by sky them selves

Oh and i found out the ultrafast plus is fibre to the premises. So non of this copper pipe marlarly

Also what ever happened to the mac filtering white list. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Wolfey Cannot agree with your analysis.There has been a change in company policy from infrequent major firmware changes to more frequent minor updates which is to be welcomed as where bugs show up they are fixed more quickly although some of the recent releases have been required to improve the diagnostic systems.  .

Given increasingly Sky are supporting business use of their connections, something which is technically against their contract terms, it is to be welcomed that they address issues with specific business apps their customers need to,work from home as they appear rather than just saying its domestic use only which was the previous policy.,

Regarding mac filtering that has not been offered on Sky hubs for many years certainly since the sr102 was introduced which is what 8 years ago?

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

It rebooted earlier at around 530pm

No change to firmware

A week ago it did the same thing no change to firmware

It did just before that new firmware update as well 

Mac filtering should be there too 

I had two firmware updates too within a week of each other 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Wolfey that does not sound right as repeated spontaenous reboots indicates either dodgy mains supply or a faulty hub so if the first doesnt apply get the unit swapped. Sky can access details of the history so if the hub is faulty they will swap,it for a different unit. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by TonyCl This message was authored by: TonyCl

@stereohaven 

i run my Q master box and 3 mini boxes over via a LAN network of 4 tp-link powerline adapters (pa8030/10 av1200, connecting to each other at rates between 200MB/s to 800Mb/s), all working fine with each version of the router firmware.

My first suspicion would be the lan port on your router has failed if you've ruled out the adapters as the cause. Did you try a different Lan port on the router?

Alternatively, could something have been hogging the bandwidth over the adapters doing a download without you realising? I have also seen older reports in the skyQ forum where a mini box flooded the lan connection with traffic, but that seems a rare problem.

also, are you certain there's nothing new plugged into your mains. I've had 2 electrical items crap noise all over the mains, 1st was a cheap monitor, 2nd was a no-name LED floodlight. As soon as either was switched on, they utterly killed the adapter bandwidth.

hope you get it sorted 👍

Regards Tony.
SR203 sky router (ultrafast FTTP), 2TB Q box + 4 x mini, 4 apple airport express APs, all connected with network of 5 tp-link powerline adapters
This message was authored by jewers This message was authored by: jewers

Hi Mark, I am also having the double log-in issue.  Looked at the settings to see my software version and still at 2385.

@TonyCl wrote:

@stereohaven 

...My first suspicion would be the lan port on your router has failed if you've ruled out the adapters as the cause. Did you try a different Lan port on the router?

Yeah I did, no change unfortunately. 

I'm going back through the electrical devices idea as whilst there is nothing new, the toaster is playing up and did (I think), trip the circuit the other day.

I'll reintroduce the powerline adapters at some point and see how it goes. 👍

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion